Power rope ascenders

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got one. The GRCS with a huge Drill. The drill weighs about 45lbs. I first install a pulley with my climbing line through it and haul up the pulley to the branch that the rope is over. then tie my knot and get lifted! The only problem is that you can only use this when the pulley is over the GRCS. Other wise you could use another rope as a safety line and the other for a lift line. Just typin. Hope it sparks a thought.

I've had some ideas. And I have seen several on Youtube including a gas powered one from Europe. They look great but they're not available yet in the U.S.

I've had some ideas. And I have seen several on Youtube including a gas powered one from Europe. They look great but they're not available yet in the U.S.

That's not true; there's a fellow on another board who makes the Ropetek "Wraptor"; Erik demo'd it last month, and says it's the bomb.

Ropetek Wraptor

Ok so NEtree turned me on to this thread. We at Ropetek are about to go to market with the Wraptor. It is priced at $2500 and will be available in about a month..........

Check it out..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nE_nChvOfmg

It is adjustable to suit the individual weight of the climber from 150-300 and works with any double braid dynamic from 7/16-5/8. Made by Tree guys for tree guys......

Ok so NEtree turned me on to this thread. We at Ropetek are about to go to market with the Wraptor. It is priced at $2500 and will be available in about a month..........

Check it out..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nE_nChvOfmg

It is adjustable to suit the individual weight of the climber from 150-300 and works with any double braid dynamic from 7/16-5/8. Made by Tree guys for tree guys......

So if it's made by tree guys for tree guys why does it cost 25 hun. What's next get up in the tree with one of these, hoist up a couch and take a nap!!

So if it's made by tree guys for tree guys why does it cost 25 hun.

I'd guess the cost of testing, patenting, producing, marketing, developing, and the liability insurance would account for that, but you guys are happy to pay that for nothing more than a fancy winch and a strap; AKA the GRCS. :buttkick:

Isn't getting up the tree 90 percent of the physical work anyways?

I'd guess the cost of testing, patenting, producing, marketing, developing, and the liability insurance would account for that, but you guys are happy to pay that for nothing more than a fancy winch and a strap; AKA the GRCS. :buttkick:

Isn't getting up the tree 90 percent of the physical work anyways?

Well I think the GRCS is a much better way to spend the money considering you can use it as a lifting lowering and ascending device. Don't you think? As far as 90% goes, I can be up in a monster in about one minute with my mars bars and the clean up will take hours. What do you think is the most work?

I was seriously considering one, but cannot justify the price. I'll just have to keep resting every 30 feet or so with my Mar-Bars. I could have justified 1500, but like potty-mouth rick says the application is too narrow for the price.

If I were in 100 ft trees every week it would be a different story.

As I first posted this is my first time to this site and due to the welcome I recieved by Ricky I guess the last. Thanks for the positive encouragement of a year of R and D. FWIW that climber on youtube is me and I ascended over 600' setting blocks in 2 opposing trees and accessing that 125' poplar. I for one couldnt have done it in one day without the Wraptor.

Ok Im outa here

Hmm ok couple questions what do ya do with it when your up there? What about the desent does it go both ways? In the event of malfunction of the devise such as clutch going out what stops you from going boom boom?

Hmm ok couple questions what do ya do with it when your up there? What about the desent does it go both ways? In the event of malfunction of the devise such as clutch going out what stops you from going boom boom?

If a few posters hadn't acted like rude little children, he might have come back to answer. Some of you need to grow up and act like the professionals you purport to be.

TreeCo, imagine if Carlton, Morbark, or Vermeer priced their equipment based on the actual cost of the parts. :dizzy:

my 2 cents worth...

The wraptor looks pretty cool. Now here is what we need though - some way to easily convert your MS200T into a power ascender, then when in the tree, put bar & chain back on. Now that would be super cool!

Recently I let a friend pull me up using his mini-loader with a pulley system on a double rope technique. Quite a thrilling ride! Here is the drawback - I realized the climber not being in control is vulnerable if something should go wrong on the ground.

As I first posted this is my first time to this site and due to the welcome I recieved by Ricky I guess the last. Thanks for the positive encouragement of a year of R and D. FWIW that climber on youtube is me and I ascended over 600' setting blocks in 2 opposing trees and accessing that 125' poplar. I for one couldnt have done it in one day without the Wraptor.

Ok Im outa here

Good, we don't need any crybabys that have only signed up just to promote themselves. If you want to sell your product here, you need to be a sponsor. If you are the manufacturer only, and have just signed up to promote your product and you have all this claimed time into R&D, you really should have anticipated a little criticism and had your answers ready. Threatening us with taking your self serving two post career here and leaving....well, it makes us laugh.

If you expect to make it in business you'd better get a little thicker skin!

Imagine if Carlton, Vermeer or Morbark folded to a little criticism.

Good advice!

Latest posts

Back