powering a 36in bar.....?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sedan,
I can't remember any time when I have ever implied anything negative about you personally. Also, I don't come to AS to belittle everyone. Those who deserve belittling know who they are and if they have even a modicum of intelligence, they'll know why as well. While the interplay of the personalities on AS is exceedingly complex, there are a few who stand out very obviously as poster children for the Society of A$$holery. These are the ones that for some warped reason believe that they are above all others here, not me.

When I'm horsing around, most can take it on the chin because they know that it's just fantasyland and that I'm not trying to be malicious. Those who can't are usually the ones that know what they really are and don't like being called for it.

Very few of my posts are shot from the hip. If I get on to something you can be sure that many phone calls and emails have gone down beforehand. As I've said before, chainsaws are only the vehicle.

If you can see your way clear, might I suggest that you not concern yourself with my current tack. I can almost guarantee you that the actual issues and people involved are very different from what you believe them to be.

Get the 385 from ken Dunn or a 7900 from Ed.I have a 385 from Ken and waiting for a 7900 from Ed. I hope I can pick that one up when I get my Race ready 346xp with a pipe. Cat's out about that one.

If you can see your way clear, might I suggest that you not concern yourself with my current tack. I can almost guarantee you that the actual issues and people involved are very different from what you believe them to be.

Take it from Doug he is right, there are a few here that need a good boot in the AZZ. They know who they are and it's time to all get along. Like what he posted about Gypo he needs to stay away from the discuss-bc.ca site.
Your Pal,
Smart Mouth

i've never seen, felt or smelt a dolmar. the price's seem kind of cheap compared to husky or stihl. i'm kind of scared to try one. i'm not knocking them it's just lack of knowledge about them makes me shy away. i'm really a husky fan. i feel the stock 394's i've run had more power than the 066's i've run.

the 385 is a sweet saw for the weight but i'd rather go a little bigger. i guess i'm leaning towards a 660 or a 395 depending on which one accepts mods a little better.

Originally posted by kf_tree
i've never seen, felt or smelt a dolmar. the price's seem kind of cheap compared to husky or stihl. i'm kind of scared to try one.

I understand your reasons. I am always one to try some new product.

With all the great chat here about the new Dolmars you will be impressed!

Ill second that. The Dolmars Really run well. If you get one from EHP you wont be dissapointed and it will walk all over an 066 or 395 XP. It will run with a stock 3120.
I have quite a few hours on mine and it hauls the mail.
Dolmar is a great saw and the price is very good.
Hunter

Last edited:
I can't believe the level of maturity that exists amongst some members here.
Some will stoop to unpresidented levels in order to be malicious, condecending and just plane ignorant.
John

Originally posted by kf_tree
the 385 is a sweet saw for the weight but i'd rather go a little bigger. i guess i'm leaning towards a 660 or a 395 depending on which one accepts mods a little better.
I can't say which of the latter two will accept mods better, but I do know that a 385 weighs <i>more</i> than a 660, both brand new missing only bars/chain.&nbsp; So if you like the sweetness per weight of the 385 you'll flat out <i>love</i> the 660, and all it needs are the "old" front muffler cover and the muffler inner basket hogged out a little (if you're unsatified with it stock).&nbsp; Approximately the difference between the published weights of the 385 and 395, plus the little more the 385 weighs beyond the 660 nets you that much more weight for less power (stock) for the 395 over the Stihl.

Glen

Gypo, remember that spaghetti western 20 years or so ago; The Good, The Bad ,and The Ugly? Well the gangs all here!

Frank

Hi Ed, that's a real classic, and I wouldn't have posted it if I knew that Eric wouldn't get a laugh out of it.
Yes Frank, it looks like the boys are back in town. A bit of good natured ribbing is always in order.
John

That's true Rich, next thing you know it will be on one of their comdominium commercials. Maybe I should patent the slogan now before someone else does. lol
John

Back