PPE and Peer Pressure

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, y'all been rubbing off on me. I've cut firewood for years and never even gave PPE (other than muffs) a second thought. All of the reading here made me change my mind. It wasn't enough when I bumped my thigh with the saw last year and just tore the jeans but no blood. Picked up a brand new pair of Stihl chaps still in the bag for $25 off of my local Cragislist today. Thanks for the push in the right direction. Helmet/faceshield are in the plans as well. I always avoided because all that I was aware of was the polycarbonate shields and they always seemed to get dirty. Now that I have seen the screen version, I will be purchasing.

Thanks again

There ya go! It just takes a minutes worth of prevention to avoid several months of healing been there didnt like it.

Kansas

One thing I see sometimes that bother's me is a father out with a young son (or daughter) cutting, and the father proudly is using no PPE at all (not even hearing protection) and is clearly not experienced sawing anyway.

That is the wrong kind of pressure.

Latest posts

Back