Prayers wanted

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This may not be chainsaw related, but this is the only forum on AS I hang out in.

In January I was diagnosed with Meniers Disease. I never had a problem prior to Janaury. I've had several bouts of vertigo so severe I was basically unable to even walk. These episodes last about 5-6 hours. Along with this goes vomitting and other nice stuff. I also have significant hearing loss in my left ear from this. The worst is that I never feel very good any more. It's a pain being only 39 years old and just wanting to lay around a lot of the time. That's not my style. OK, here's some cheese to go with my whine:)

I'm having surgery 7:30 in the morning. They're putting in a Endolymphatic shunt. This requires cutting behind the ear, pealing it forward, going through the skull down to the lining of the brain and putting a shunt in the Endolymphatic Sac. This is done to relieve excess inner ear pressure thought to be the cause of the problems. It has a 75% sucess rate. I'm praying for the best. The surgery is about 2 hours long and I'll be in the hospital overnight. I plan on going home Friday.

Anyway, I just thought I'd finally let my internet friends know what's going on and ask you to keep me and the surgeon in your prayers. Thanks guys.

You're not alone in having "issues", but we'll be thinking of you, and keeping you in our prayers. I hope that all goes well, and its the end of your problems.

Do yourself a favor and remain positive, and continually look ahead to things that you enjoy. A positive attitude will help immensely.

Sorry about your condition. Good to hear your going in to get fixed asap. Sometimes, waiting awhile and being a tough guy is BS. Hope all is well for youself and loved ones in the next few days. Bruce

Prayers Sent

I hope your op is a success, and your self belief and determination can help you to recover quickly.
Best regards
H

I have had inner ear touble for 20 years, and have a wife with a tumor in the brain stem, so I know what you are dealing with. We are still your friends
here, so keep us in the loop.

You are an asset here, and we will keep you in our prayers.............

I've read many of your post. Lot's of information you share. I'll as well be praying for you, and best of luck.

god speed

will be waiting for the good news, our thoughts and graces are with you

Well if they're going into your skull, they should have plenty of room to work. :hmm3grin2orange:

Good luck with your recovery,
Ian

Life DOES throw us some curve balls, doesn't it? Those who dig deep and keep a good outlook really seem to get more out of life no matter what the circumstance. I hope you can do this for yourself, Brad.

The Giant will keep you in mind and will be waiting for your first post-op thread.

Me and my family's prayers are with you. I personally know of two people that have had this operation, both went perfectly and they're happy they had the procedure performed. You'll be fine, you're to stubborn not to!
:cheers:
J

Back