Prayers wanted

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so they are going to snellerize your ear?
look at it like this:
you will gain horsepower, run cooler, and sound better!:clap:

have a speedy recovery. all my best to the blsnelling clan.

I do take comfort in the fact that my surgeon is the director of the department as well as the fellowship program at the UC Hospital where I'm having it done. He's also into robotic surgery. All of that and he's only 38 years old. I guess you could say he's been a little successful:)

Oh no...that's who you THINK is going to be doing the surgery. But I made some calls and found out exactly who really is going to be doing the surgery. And you know who it is? That's right...you guessed it:

attachment.php

Prolly all he going to do is numb you up real good and stick that ear of yours in his 'cuda...

Last edited:
This may not be chainsaw related, but this is the only forum on AS I hang out in.

In January I was diagnosed with Meniers Disease. I never had a problem prior to Janaury. I've had several bouts of vertigo so severe I was basically unable to even walk.....

Hi,

a couple of years ago I had an episode, which was very similar if not identical to Meniers but disappeared after a week of daily infusions and medications to improve the (micro)blood circulation in the ear. Something had thrown a spanner in the works in all things to do with balance. I don't know what caused it but I can still clearly remember the feeling of "falling off the floor". Even when lying down I grabbed hold of whatever I was on. A very strange and disconcerting feeling. Even now my balance with closed eyes isn't what is was before.

Knowing first hand what Meniers feels like I really do hope your surgery is successful! Good luck and get well soon!

Bye

Last edited:
I've come this this late, hope all has gone well. I'm going to lay off the porting jokes, but as this is AS I do have to add:

attachment.php

man, i'm always late on the meaningful threads

hope you're doing well Brad

Wait a minute... You can't be sick. Your sig says you HAVE a 361!

Best of luck on a speedy recovery.

May God be with the surgeon and may you have a swift and complete recovery. I always read your post and enjoy them very much. Hope you are back soon. Prayers sent Tom

Sorry to hear that you have been burdened with Meniers disease. My favorite uncle had Meniers for the last 50 years of his life and he regularly dealt with all of the issues you describe.

I truly wish you great success with your surgical procedure and will say a prayer for you to have a complete recovery.

A very present help in trouble

This may not be chainsaw related, but this is the only forum on AS I hang out in.

In January I was diagnosed with Meniers Disease. I never had a problem prior to Janaury. I've had several bouts of vertigo so severe I was basically unable to even walk. These episodes last about 5-6 hours. Along with this goes vomitting and other nice stuff. I also have significant hearing loss in my left ear from this. The worst is that I never feel very good any more. It's a pain being only 39 years old and just wanting to lay around a lot of the time. That's not my style. OK, here's some cheese to go with my whine:)

I'm having surgery 7:30 in the morning. They're putting in a Endolymphatic shunt. This requires cutting behind the ear, pealing it forward, going through the skull down to the lining of the brain and putting a shunt in the Endolymphatic Sac. This is done to relieve excess inner ear pressure thought to be the cause of the problems. It has a 75% sucess rate. I'm praying for the best. The surgery is about 2 hours long and I'll be in the hospital overnight. I plan on going home Friday.

Anyway, I just thought I'd finally let my internet friends know what's going on and ask you to keep me and the surgeon in your prayers. Thanks guys.

I read your post at around 8:45.
My heart goes out to you. This is a rough and scary one. Hey, God runs the place. He knows what's best for us, and gives us strength in the hard times. Keep Him in your sight, and He will direct you.
You are in my prayers; that God would give you peace in the middle of such a rough trail. Man may let us down, but God wont.
We can't always see Him or his angels, but, in times like these, we are cradled in a protective hold. I prayed that you would feel this.

Hope

Without hope there is nothing to move us forward at times like you are encountering.If you have a deep faith this will give comfort.My wife is a health care professional and I can say there are so many truly sad stories out there.I wish for you a very successful surgery and speedy recovery.

Missed this until a little late. Hope it all went well Brad. Nobody else cleans a saw up quite like you. (and I wasn't referring to the dishwasher).

I just came through a six month health treatment issues myself. It's not even a week and I am up to a six hour day already. I gotta say, maaaan, does it feel good to be back at the grinding stone. Follow me snelling you'll pull through.

I just came through a six month health treatment issues myself. It's not even a week and I am up to a six hour day already. I gotta say, maaaan, does it feel good to be back at the grinding stone. Follow me snelling you'll pull through.

Glad to hear you're doing so well. Most people who ever worked for me never seemed to get anywhere near to working six full hours in any one day. Good luck with your continued recovery.

Back