Predictions for the new A.S.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the new A.S. will be just fine. It will take a little while to get used to though. I don't think many people will go to that much trouble just to get a hat though. I wouldn't.

I don't like it at all. I'm a web developer though, so I am nit picky. I did like the old version better, easier to navigate.

Its pretty evident already that this is happening they wanted to sell our email addresses also to vendors. This is going to turn into just another advertisement forum.

AS is becoming more and more and more and more about adds. It's to the point now that only half of a page is actual threads. At this rate there isn't going to be room for a forum in a couple years. It feels like they don't give two hoots about us forum members or chainsaws and only care about how much money they can make off the forum.

AS is becoming more and more and more and more about adds. It's to the point now that only half of a page is actual threads. At this rate there isn't going to be room for a forum in a couple years. It feels like they don't give two hoots about us forum members or chainsaws and only care about how much money they can make off the forum.

You've got to be kidding. The ads are ALL at the top and very easily ignored. There are no popups, and unless you're looking for ads, they're not noticeable at all. This is one of the better forums out there in that regard. And I've got to say that your comment complaining about making money off of people is more than a bit ironic. I suppose if Darin spent it all on saws it would be ok?

Last edited:
The amount of adds here don't bother me at all. It beats the alternative of having to pay for our membership.

I think you are right. We already have at least one member who seriously spams this forum. Imagine posting at the rate of over twenty thousand postings in under three years....almost twenty postings per day....every day!:laugh:

Tree Freak

http://www.arboristsite.com/member.php?21692-stihl-sawing
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow, I always thought that calling out other members was against the rules. Guess you're special since you USED to be a moderator.

Wow, I always thought that calling out other members was against the rules. Guess you're special since you USED to be a moderator.

sposed to be against the rules, but as you pointed out not all rules apply to all folks.SS, you just keep spamming away, I for one enjoy your posts.Im sure there are a good bit more also who do.Ever know your accuser to have anything to good to say about anyone?

sposed to be against the rules, but as you pointed out not all rules apply to all folks.SS, you just keep spamming away, I for one enjoy your posts.Im sure there are a good bit more also who do.Ever know your accuser to have anything to good to say about anyone?
Thanks, Don't know why he's on my case so hard. But following me around posting smart arse comments in the threads is getting old.

im lost... This place doesn't smell right...
what happened to all the trees?
Its too clean or something...

Back