Predictions for the new A.S.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you are right. We already have at least one member who seriously spams this forum. Imagine posting at the rate of over twenty thousand postings in under three years....almost twenty postings per day....every day!:laugh:

Tree Freak

http://www.arboristsite.com/member.php?21692-stihl-sawing
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treeco,you are a dry humping certified moron.Quote it.Run to daddy and tell him all about it.
What gets old is you spamming the forum.:laugh:
Post count padding wanna be mod.......
Yep. Conservatives and predictably #####y any time something in their fragile little world changes, regardless of whether it's better. :laugh:
Space,you're really no better.Alternately dry humping the administrators,and pissing off the general public.Waste of bandwidth.

My prediction for this new format...........

They will have to modify the "Rewards" program, or it will hurt this forum.

After wading through all of the crap posts brought on by the "Rep" feature, the Reward
thing will quickly get out of hand. People making hundreds of meaningless posts, starting
silly threads, just to gain reward points so they can get an A.S. hat or shirt.

Just thinking about it while I write this, makes me shudder. All of these guys typing
out incoherant babble as fast as they can, trying to build up reward points, thinking of
any question to throw up and start a thread.
Bottom line, people will stop reading, not wanting to wade through the swill.

Anyone else have a prediction, or a suggestion?

I suspect you are right - and the "credits" aren't showing today......:givebeer:

Is this directed at ME???????!!!!!!!!!

Nope... not you Fishy... just a general statement on the overall complaining.

The forum changed... you would think that the world came to an end. I know change ain't easy. But everybody finds ALL the negatives in change. A lot of "this needs to be changed for me, me, me, me..." attitudes.

I like the old forum style better than this one too... but... what's done is done. It's not going back to the way it was. We all have to embrace this version, and get used to it's quirks. It will take a little time... but everybody will get used to it again.

I frequent a lot of forums on a lot of different topics. Most are run on Vbulletin as well. Every single one of them is different in their own ways. Some have changed face 3 or 4 times in the last 10 years. It is the same with all the resentment, and everyone wants it "changed back".

It's time to make this work... there's a lot of great people here with a wealth of info (that includes you Fishy). A forum "change" shouldn't run people off because it won't change back for "them".

We can all make this work if everybody stops complaining about it and see what we can do to make it better the way it is.

I do know that this version has a "skins" setting. A couple of the other forums I go to has it. Where you can go in to your "settings" (formerly User CP) and select different colors and font schemes... "skins".

I'll PM Darin about it... sounds like that would help out a lot.

One team... one fight. :)

Gary

Very well put, Gary! :clap:

The forum changed... you would think that the world came to an end. I know change ain't easy. But everybody finds ALL the negatives in change. A lot of "this needs to be changed for me, me, me, me..." attitudes.

I like the old forum style better than this one too... but... what's done is done. It's not going back to the way it was. We all have to embrace this version, and get used to it's quirks. It will take a little time... but everybody will get used to it again.

I frequent a lot of forums on a lot of different topics. Most are run on Vbulletin as well. Every single one of them is different in their own ways. Some have changed face 3 or 4 times in the last 10 years. It is the same with all the resentment, and everyone wants it "changed back".

It's time to make this work... there's a lot of great people here with a wealth of info (that includes you Fishy). A forum "change" shouldn't run people off because it won't change back for "them".

We can all make this work if everybody stops complaining about it and see what we can do to make it better the way it is.

I do know that this version has a "skins" setting. A couple of the other forums I go to has it. Where you can go in to your "settings" (formerly User CP) and select different colors and font schemes... "skins".

Gary

Very well put, Gary! :clap:

His sig used to be something to the effect of "I'm the guy saying what everyone else is thinking." - fitting.

People are creatures of habit - disrupt their perceived routine and they tend to freak just a bit. Happens every time any website is upgraded and is cyclical.

"This is cool"
<change>
"HEY! this sucks!"
<get used to it>
"This is cool"
<change>
"HEY! this sucks!"
<get used to it>
"This is cool"
<change>
"HEY! this sucks!"
<get used to it>
"This is cool"
<change>
"HEY! this sucks!"
<get used to it>

One note to mods/admin - one of the boards I help admin/mod prevents any posts in what would equate to your "off the topic" forum from contributing to the reported post count - this way just contributing posts are tallied, NOT the pic and joke posting. Ponder, please.

Gary

Gary, I can respect this post. :cheers:

Gary

Gary
I'll be honest some of this new stuff is going to to take time to get used to for me,by nature I'm a guy who does not like change,but I think Gary summed it up quite well.
Lawrence

Just had a big reply typed out. Clicked reply.

Then, site busy try again later. My time spent typing gone. Not doing it again.

WTF, just another thing to piss a guy off.

Will

I thought I was the only guy on AS with computer gliches and the like.I have to say I have had no problems here since they flipped over.Will is it something with your computer?
Lawrence

I thought I was the only guy on AS with computer gliches and the like.I have to say I have had no problems here since they flipped over.Will is it something with your computer?
Lawrence

Nope, nothing wrong with my computer.

You should know better than that by now:) I most always select all and copy my posts before submitting.

No, never done it, and never going to, I've just never had to before so I never made it a habit.

Just had a big reply typed out. Clicked reply.

Then, site busy try again later. My time spent typing gone. Not doing it again.

WTF, just another thing to piss a guy off.
Ah, I see you've stumbled upon the new trash filtering feature. :jester:

Latest posts

Back