previous post of used equipment

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leroy in Kansas

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Some mo. ago someone, ( can't remember who) posted some pic's of an older band saw, regelated to the scrap pile/weeds, that had been pointed out to him by the Mant. supervisor?
I'm just courious about what happen. Did it get brought home, is it under restoration, Leroy :confused:

saw

I remember looking at the pics. also. Good question as to whether it got taken home. Looked like a good winter project. Would make a real saw.

Yeah, I think you're talking about me. Our sawmill is under bankruptcy protection right now due to the market conditions and fuel costs, so the owners have more important things on their minds right now. I just harassed one of them again couple weeks ago and he said he'd get back to me as soon as he could, and I've been on nightshift the past two weeks so I haven't been able to see him at all anyway. He didn't even know what I was talking about so he has to go check it out. I was hoping to get hold of it before it got packed in by 3 feet of snow, but who knows. With the cutbacks at work I don't really have any extra money to offer for it right now anyway, but maybe I could work out a deal for some overtime or something. We're not under Union rules so they can be pretty flexible like that, but who knows how it would work with the whole bankruptcy thing. At any rate it would be a "next-spring-and-summer" project anyway, my truckshop out behind isn't heated or insulated, and doing metalwork in the dead of winter really sucks, especially for me with my 4 injured fingertips - they really don't like the cold. And there just isn't room in my basement workshop to rebuild it. I apologize as sometimes I'm not so good at updating old things like this, but in this case circumstances have just changed things over the last couple months and I'm just happy to have a job at this point.

PS - original thread:
http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=73582&highlight=lookie

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back