Price for husky 455

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bermie

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hi,
I saw a brand new Husky 455 for sale in the hardware store today, price $740 - complete in the box. Is this a fair price? Remember it will have had shipping costs to Bermuda, and has probably had 22% duty added.
What you 'tink?

If its not an XP saw, forget it. Second opinion, ask Sap, he thinks its the best saw ever.

Bermie said:
Hi,
I saw a brand new Husky 455 for sale in the hardware store today, price $740 - complete in the box. Is this a fair price? Remember it will have had shipping costs to Bermuda, and has probably had 22% duty added.
What you 'tink?

That's steep, even with shipping and duty. I bet if you ordered one online new, paid shipping, and duty it would run around $300 less than that.

Forget the 455, it is far too heavy for its power output, and has a plastic crankcase.
Take a look at the 353 and 359 instead - much better saws.

I can tell you from experience, I appreciated having a full metal saw when, years ago, I let a log fall on it. It pushed the 61 into the ground. I dug 'er out, brushed 'er off, and went back to my ignorante ways :)

Thanks All,
Couldn't see the saw as its still in the box and I'm not familiar with Huskys.
I'll leave it alone!! Someone else can pay the 100% markup!
Ta:cheers:

The Lowes stores around me sell them for (I think) $389.00 plus tax. You should be able to buy one from ebay a lot cheaper.

Danny

Good saw. High price at your Bermuda hardware store though. Are markups, import duties and taxes that much there? I believe I paid $369 plus tax, retail.

At those prices I'd hate to see what the Queen, er ..."King" (!cough! !cough!) Of Saws costs. LOL!

If you cannot choose among Husky chainsaws (353, 359, 346XP, ...) call Dave at Arborist.com (800-441-8381). I had very good experience with this company. I bought my 346XP for $409 and they shipped it next day.

Back