Pro mechanics in Vancouver BC?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarcusB

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hey boys, looking into getting some work done to my 880 and was wondering if anyone knew of any pros in my area? Thanks

Marcus.

Hey boys, looking into getting some work done to my 880 and was wondering if anyone knew of any pros in my area? Thanks

Marcus.
If you want it ported, there is a guy over on Vancouver Island who goes by the name Simonizer here who seems to have a good reputation.

if you are looking to have the saw ported keep in mind that porting saws is silly. mastermind says so. in all honesty though, if i had an 880 that i wanted ported it would be a cold day in hell before i paid someone here to do it or anyone for that matter :p but if you must pay to have it juiced up my recommendation is to send it out for the mods that are worth the money. TN is the place. sling'rs also just down in north cal too. if you don't use your 880 often (which most people don't cause they just own it to be cool and have bragging rights) save your money. trust me on that. what do you plan to do with it? i'd sell the POS and get 2 better saws :D

if you are looking to have the saw ported keep in mind that porting saws is silly. mastermind says so. in all honesty though, if i had an 880 that i wanted ported it would be a cold day in hell before i paid someone here to do it or anyone for that matter :p but if you must pay to have it juiced up my recommendation is to send it out for the mods that are worth the money. TN is the place. sling'rs also just down in north cal too. if you don't use your 880 often (which most people don't cause they just own it to be cool and have bragging rights) save your money. trust me on that. what do you plan to do with it? i'd sell the POS and get 2 better saws :D
Wow!!!!! He laid it out plain, eh?????

Wow!!!!! He laid it out plain, eh?????

it's called honesty :) those saws along with all the other big saws are just ****** to have to use for anything but milling big wood. i own a 3120 and i'm gonna sell it cause other then milling big wood the things a useless POS that just takes up space in the shop.

t out for the mods that are worth the money. TN is the place. sling'rs also just down in north cal too. if you don't use your 880 often (which most people don't cause they just own it to be cool and have bragging rights) save your money. trust me on that. what do you plan to do with it? i'd sell the POS and get 2 better saws :D
it's called honesty :) those saws along with all the other big saws are just ****** to have to use for anything but milling big wood. i own a 3120 and i'm gonna sell it cause other then milling big wood the things a useless POS that just takes up space in the shop.
Yeah, Simon has got better things going on......

No fret there bud, its used for milling.

No fret there bud, its used for milling.

ok well keep in mind that for the same money you spend here you can spend in the states and get alot more. sure shipping is more but the value is there. mods done by guys here in B.C are extremely basic and i doubt would benefit the 880 the way you expect them too.

ok well keep in mind that for the same money you spend here you can spend in the states and get alot more. sure shipping is more but the value is there. mods done by guys here in B.C are extremely basic and i doubt would benefit the 880 the way you expect them too.

Who do you reckon to send it to down south? What would be the difference in mods done by guys down there compared to the fellas on the island?
I want gains more on the torque side and a muff mod to keep her cooler vs something can that rev out of its head. Obviously they would mod it for milling.

Who do you reckon to send it to down south? What would be the difference in mods done by guys down there compared to the fellas on the island?
I want gains more on the torque side and a muff mod to keep her cooler vs something can that rev out of its head. Obviously they would mod it for milling.

you are definitely not looking to send to anyone here. all they do really is ditch the base gasket (if possible), lower intake slightly, raise exhaust slightly, and rework the lower transfers. your better of sending it to the chimp or tlandrum. the only ****** thing to keep in mind is while shipping will likely be $60 each way you will get nailed with a COD charge when they ship it back as well. costs money but if it were my saw i'd send it to one of them or run it as is (i'd sell it :)). there's also tree sling'r down in north cal but shipping and the COD charge would be damn near the same anyways and i'm not sure if sling'r is taking work. randy and terry are likely booked for months ahead as well. :laugh: then there's blsnelling (brad) but he don't take work all the time either.

you are definitely not looking to send to anyone here. all they do really is ditch the base gasket (if possible), lower intake slightly, raise exhaust slightly, and rework the lower transfers. your better of sending it to the chimp or tlandrum. the only ****** thing to keep in mind is while shipping will likely be $60 each way you will get nailed with a COD charge when they ship it back as well. costs money but if it were my saw i'd send it to one of them or run it as is (i'd sell it :)). there's also tree sling'r down in north cal but shipping and the COD charge would be damn near the same anyways and i'm not sure if sling'r is taking work. randy and terry are likely booked for months ahead as well. :laugh: then there's blsnelling (brad) but he don't take work all the time either.

Looks like I'm screwed then. You're not a fan of the work simonizer does?

Looks like I'm screwed then. You're not a fan of the work simonizer does?

it's not that i'm not a fan really. the saws the guys port here are 60-90cc saws for logging. they don't really port smaller or larger for anything else and that is mostly because of demand. the guys here will pay to port a 50cc saw but in real life the people who buy a 50cc saw don't really give a **** and just want it to cut wood. i don't think you will get the gains you are expecting out of the saw if you get it done by anyone here. i don't pay people to port my saws. i port my own. i have 2 walkerized saws that do have noticable gains over stock for sure but i just don't think you will see the gains in a saw that big. if i was you i'd throw a 441 coil in your 880 and mod the muffler yourself then retune for a little bit rich milling tune. the saw will be just as good as any porter here in B.C could do except it won't cost you an arm and a leg. if you got money to throw around get'er done in the states.

Back