Professionals?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flushcut

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I would like to post this to all of AS but there is no forum that i know of that does that. I was wondering how many professionals are on this site as in real tree guys? If you are a logger or arborist chime in.

I would like to post this to all of AS but there is no forum that i know of that does that. I was wondering how many professionals are on this site as in real tree guys? If you are a logger or arborist chime in.

I am a "pro" as in this business is my sole source of income (commercial snow and ice management in winter), it's what I plan on retiring from etc. Have I just scratched the surface as far as practical experience? YES. Am I a certified arborist? NO. Have I a lot more to learn? Yes. Do I put every last bit of money, time and effort into making my business better? YES.....

Last edited:
I am a "pro" as in this business is my sole source of income, it's what I plan on retiring from etc. Have I just scratched the surface as far as practical experience? Yes. Have I a lot more to learn? Yes. Do I put every last bit of money, time and effort into making my business better? YES.....

I'll second that.

Arborist...Work Full time for a company, try to do family and friends on the weekends, contract climb for 3 companies also. Some day if i can get the money i want to start my own. 24 years old got some time to go This is definitely my career

Start a Poll - A. Arborist, B. Logging, C. Firewood, D. Old fart sittin around with nothin else to do.

BTW, I'm an A with minors in B, C and D

:knife: First of all: What's with this Swiss Army knife smiley?
And secondly to answer the other question, well, what do I have to say?

Yes this is my main economic thrust in life and hence includes numerous hours and investment in time, equipment, insurance, customer satisfaction, professional affiliations, and most importantly continuing education. I find the return on investment at times makes you want to cry and other times grin ear to ear, but the hard work is rewarding either way.

There are MANY professional tree guys (and gals) on here, and lots of guys that think they are pro's. The more you read, the more you realize who is what. Some Arborists, like myself, have "been there, done that" with the Arborist Cert. but have chosen to move on. Everyone has their own opinion as to the qualifications required to be considered a PRO. I own my own company, my own equipment and have the required licenses and Insurance, but that in itself does not make me a Pro (Professional) in my opinion.
You would think that all that matters is whether or not my current, potential and future customers consider me and my guys professional or not, but sadly, at the end of the day, most homeowners only care about the lowest bid.

There are MANY professional tree guys (and gals) on here, and lots of guys that think they are pro's. The more you read, the more you realize who is what. Some Arborists, like myself, have "been there, done that" with the Arborist Cert. but have chosen to move on. Everyone has their own opinion as to the qualifications required to be considered a PRO. I own my own company, my own equipment and have the required licenses and Insurance, but that in itself does not make me a Pro (Professional) in my opinion.
You would think that all that matters is whether or not my current, potential and future customers consider me and my guys professional or not, but sadly, at the end of the day, most homeowners only care about the lowest bid.

Well said

arborist 38 years now

Boy Tomtrees you got me beat by ten years and I am old as dirt.

I've been climbing trees for 27 years. I was a cert. arborist. and I'm slowly working on my degree in horticulture, and I am constantly learning and improving( even as i get older and slower.Ha) I like to think I am a professional. This profession has sent my kids to college and is paying my mortgage. I hope to get my masters and spent my golden years in the green industry but not working so hard.

I agree but I do believe if you are consistantly doing a job with fine work and with happy customers, you are a professional in that particular area. I am a Certified Arborist of Ontario Canada for 10 years.

Back