Project Almighty Splitter, the turbocharged logsplitter!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
old school nut

:chainsawguy: so i finally got to read all of this. i havent been on here since
4-18-07 lol. so, what do you think about another road trip? we got two choices & i think its that time. minnesota or indiana? lol i wonder if we can post videos on here, give the boys a first person view when she's in action lol
:chainsawguy:

so i finally got to read all of this. i havent been on here since
4-18-07 lol. so, what do you think about another road trip? we got two choices & i think its that time. minnesota or indiana? lol i wonder if we can post videos on here, give the boys a first person view when she's in action lol

yeah, you ought to get on here more!

yeah, been awhile since we been on a road trip... do you have a video recorder?

Any updates on this project? As you can tell by my username anything turbo powered catches my eye, to me this is a very cool project. I'd love to see new pics of your progress.

Alcohol

Gave any thoughts about not using the cooler? Coolers work great on gasoline bcause gas tends to detonate with more boost. Alcohol runs cooler than gasoline, helping to lower temps and the probability of detonation. Ive also heard that alcohol left in system can do some bad stuff. Not so much turning to jelly but corrosion.

well No real news yet, I am going to use the cooler, initial testing and tuning will be with gasoline... after its found to be all good i will use alcohol....

as for progress, I don't have much as I have been working 6 days a week up to 14 hours a day+ removing the relentless snow here in southern WI from my long, hilly driveway in the woods as well as my neighbors and fixing equipment (tractors, skid steers etc.) used for snow removal and even a head swap on my daily driver (after blowing head gaskets and sticking 3 valves open and hitting the pistons..., been a crazy and expensive last few months for me,

however before things got to crazy i finished up all the machine work to the block minus one NPT hole for a turbo oil drain back line. I got some good tires and beadblasted some old school steel rims too, (dry rotted rusty rims are on her now) goal is to get her roadworthy so i can get her to my work where i have access to a nice water cooled tig to play with when building linkages, modifying coolers and so forth....

-Leo-

Hp

well No real news yet, I am going to use the cooler, initial testing and tuning will be with gasoline... after its found to be all good i will use alcohol....

as for progress, I don't have much as I have been working 6 days a week up to 14 hours a day+ removing the relentless snow here in southern WI from my long, hilly driveway in the woods as well as my neighbors and fixing equipment (tractors, skid steers etc.) used for snow removal and even a head swap on my daily driver (after blowing head gaskets and sticking 3 valves open and hitting the pistons..., been a crazy and expensive last few months for me,

however before things got to crazy i finished up all the machine work to the block minus one NPT hole for a turbo oil drain back line. I got some good tires and beadblasted some old school steel rims too, (dry rotted rusty rims are on her now) goal is to get her roadworthy so i can get her to my work where i have access to a nice water cooled tig to play with when building linkages, modifying coolers and so forth....

-Leo-

How many Hp is the orignal mfgs rating,..Thanks Eric

thanks guys, yes it is nice to have access to that stuff, lets a guy make dreams reality...

and I hear ya kellog, THATS old school! lol but I think I would be old myself by the time I figure out how to effectively use a machine like that (no mess ups) not to mention make duplicates! lol I do however use an old Sheldon lathe (60+ yo) at work regularly and can hold .001 which is not to bad considering how worn out it is (they were south bends competitor)

as for resize of the pics... I am afraid I don't know how! I can program a CNC but i cant do much more than navigate around on a PC! lol maybe I can find a place to host my pics that will resize them for me.

Hi,
This may be of some help in figuring out how to resize pics. Hopefully you use Windows XP because that is what this instruction is for:

http://my.tbaytel.net/nitesky/resizing.doc

I had to upload it to my website because it exceeds AS size limits (pun unintentional). It requires MS Office or Open Office to open.

Hi,
This may be of some help in figuring out how to resize pics. Hopefully you use Windows XP because that is what this instruction is for:

http://my.tbaytel.net/nitesky/resizing.doc

I had to upload it to my website because it exceeds AS size limits (pun unintentional). It requires MS Office or Open Office to open.

Thanks for the help, unfortunately i am now running linux and am still getting used to it. i always used windows 98 before this. seems like a pretty powerfull OS however.

-Leo-

Thanks for the help, unfortunately i am now running linux and am still getting used to it. i always used windows 98 before this. seems like a pretty powerfull OS however.

-Leo-

Hmm, I run Slackware Linux. Didn't think anyone would need something that wasn't for Windows.

Am actually still using a Windows app. through Wine (FastStone Photo Resizer). Can't find anything really easy to use and simple for Linux to do batch resize and batch rename but am still looking.

Cheers to you :cheers:

You can try this. I just installed it and it works as well as the Windows PowerToy for resizing but no rename. Just select the images and use a right button click to resize (under the "Actions" submenu).

I use KDE so I can use "Bulk Rename" that is in "Utilities" in my program menu for renaming if so desired.

Hope this helps. I have been looking for days and nights to find such a simple program for Linux. It does bulk resize and leaves the original unchanged.

Look here ===> http://tinyurl.com/2lhuna

Last edited:
well gents its been at least ten years since I posted here but I didn't forget about this tread!..... my computer got hit by lighting 3 or 4 times in one month, after changing dial up modems so many times I ended up giving up a home computer, I graduated college and lost my only other internet connection.... I ended up working on Helicopters full time, as a mechanic, machinist, and welder, naturally I gravitated towards fabbing and now am shop supervisor of the fab shop here and am busy designing equipment, and medical mounts to mount medical equipment in medflight helicopters.... I still have this project, all the parts were put in the house where it lays unfinished as a reminder.... I now have even better equipment to work with and even crazier projects. as life and time allow I will continue to update this!

Back