Project Crunched 441

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parrisw

Tree Freak
Reaction score
Well trying to fix this for a friend. He said it got squished! Tank and handle are toast, and upper handle spring mount is borken, looks like that's the only damage.

For some reason AS wont let me upload pics???? anyone know??

Anyway I completely stripped it all down, took the cylinder off too to inspect it, shows some scuffing but looks ok, looks like its had allot of use. When I spin the crank with the top end off, coil is off too, the bearings are very jerky like what it would feel like when the magnets on the flywheel pass by the coil. I take it this is not normal for a 441? First 441 I've worked on.

Well trying to fix this for a friend. He said it got squished! Tank and handle are toast, and upper handle spring mount is borken, looks like that's the only damage.

For some reason AS wont let me upload pics???? anyone know??

Anyway I completely stripped it all down, took the cylinder off too to inspect it, shows some scuffing but looks ok, looks like its had allot of use. When I spin the crank with the top end off, coil is off too, the bearings are very jerky like what it would feel like when the magnets on the flywheel pass by the coil. I take it this is not normal for a 441? First 441 I've worked on.

Yikes man, that cant be normal. 441 bearings are just like any other saw roller bearing. Take a look at the cages, see if they look ok first. That dont sound good.

Not to be a smart azz, but did you put the screws back in that mount the coil ? I've left them in & as the magnet passes by it picks up the washers.

Just askin'.............;)

Steve

Last edited:
Yikes man, that cant be normal. 441 bearings are just like any other saw roller bearing. Take a look at the cages, see if they look ok first. That dont sound good.

The bearings look fine.

Not to be a smart azz, but did you put the screws back in that mount the coil ? I've left them in & as the magnet passes by iy picks up the washers.

Just askin'.............;)

Steve

LOL no.

heated handles?

LOL, why did I not think of that, yes it does. What a dumbarse I'am, cant see the forest through the trees. It totally just confused me, I've felt many bad bearings, this just has the feel of the coil but all the way around.

Ouch! Don't sound good Will. The pic upload's not sure who you use, I was on AOL, and alway's had a hard time with pic's. Switch to google chrome, and pic's go smooth, and never had one fail yet.

Ouch! Don't sound good Will. The pic upload's not sure who you use, I was on AOL, and alway's had a hard time with pic's. Switch to google chrome, and pic's go smooth, and never had one fail yet.

I don't use a hosting site. I upload them directly to AS, that way they will always be here. For some reason, its not working right now.

Lets try this pics thing again.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

That bar would be great for limbing hard to reach places - around the other side of the log...

I wonder if its worth straightening - other member may have had some success at straightening bars?

Latest posts

Back