Project Crunched 441

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stihl waiting on parts, should be here soon. But took everything to work and fired it in the Jet Clean parts washer, man I love that thing. Did a little work on the bar too!

attachment.php

Now this pic kinda looks like its got a slight bow to it??? must be the light, but its deadly straight.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Reminds me of a project I had to deal with at work. One of our guys ran over a 361 with the tractor. Had a few parts saws lying around. Managed to fix it and it's still running. Took me some time but I actually found that project fun. Taking the saw apart and trying to figure out all the damaged parts... (I did have all the parts available).

I need to do some tlc to my 441... I bought it slightly crunched shape... but it runs and cuts well... needs some new plastic housing and a brake handle... it smokes like crazy when started but then clears up and runs strong.. .. so I am not sure what I want to do.. repair it or leave it as for now... one thing I definitely need to do is replace the chain brake handle... the top left is missing...

Finally making some headway here. Got all the parts in. Here are a few pics.

attachment.php

Got it sitting by the woodstove, need to JB weld up the bottom muffler mounts, when the muffler got hit it busted out both mounts, good thing the broken pieces were still in there.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Back