Project Stumpbroke 385xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does "slightly modded" mean ported, or just the WoJo muffler?

Yes it had some widening done on the in and ex & the timing changed a lil. nothing done to the transfers.
But this is a whole different cyl. The intake was already where it needed to be on the other one so I couldn't use it to cut the band & drop it. It would have had the intake opening waaaay to early.

I had to drop everything to run into the school & have a chat. I'll try to get this done & a vid up before everybody gets home & I have to have a heart to heart.:msp_wink:

I do have some pics of the porting if anybody wants to see them...
First the before pics.
100_2271.jpg

100_2270.jpg

100_2269.jpg

100_2272-1.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think that cylinder needs a lot of work inside the transfers, but otherwise I am not the one to judge. As you surely know, I do not port saws - but that doesn't keep me from learning a few things here and there, mostly from my brother (no, not brother Wendell):msp_biggrin:.

Hey stump this thing is backwards I've never found one where the in hole is smaller then the out hole...... I'm just confused now:dizzy: dammit this in hole out hole has my mind on a whole different thing...lol no pun intended

I hope it turns out better, I've come up with some other things to try. Then again I may be hunting up another top end:msp_scared:

eh live en learn, if something goes wonky ya know what not to do next time. on a different note if you can get the gains out of the 385xp like you did on the 562XPAT and 576XPAT you did for me (which i think i may have to pry from someones hands:msp_wink: at a certain GTG) Buffhunter will be impressed greatly. And that is why your my #1 saw porter/modder. Kudos bro keep up that awesome work.:rock:

Also lets hope this saw can put some times down in the test log when its done to show a certain dolmar its place:msp_biggrin: :rock:

eh live en learn, if something goes wonky ya know what not to do next time. on a different note if you can get the gains out of the 385xp like you did on the 562XPAT and 576XPAT you did for me (which i think i may have to pry from someones hands:msp_wink: at a certain GTG) Buffhunter will be impressed greatly. And that is why your my #1 saw porter/modder. Kudos bro keep up that awesome work.:rock:

Also lets hope this saw can put some times down in the test log when its done to show a certain dolmar its place:msp_biggrin: :rock:

That wouldn't be a 9010 would it..:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

I suspect the 385 is easier to get gains out of...

Hands down, you have some of the nicest build threads out there Stump! Great pics, awesome work, tons of good info...

Back