Propane "Super" Didier Log Splitter video

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E Gads man! You are drastically shortening the life of your motor with either!! It has no lubrication and is hell on rings. If your to lazy to tune the engine right at least use carb cleaner as a starting fluid. It has some lube and is not quite so prone to detonation.

E Gads man! You are drastically shortening the life of your motor with either!! It has no lubrication and is hell on rings. If your to lazy to tune the engine right at least use carb cleaner as a starting fluid. It has some lube and is not quite so prone to detonation.
Starting fluid
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Diethyl ether, with a small amount of oil, a trace amount of a stabilizer and a hydrocarbon propellant, has historically[1] been used to help start internal combustion engines because of its low 160 °C (320 °F) autoignition temperature.[2] Some current products sold asstarting fluid are mostly volatile hydrocarbons such as heptane, (the main component of natural gasoline) with only a small portion of diethyl ether, and carbon dioxide (as a propellant).[3][4] It is often useful when starting direct injected diesel engines or lean burnspark engines running on alcohol fuel. Some formulations include butane or propane as both propellant and starting fuel.

Starting fluid
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Diethyl ether, with a small amount of oil, a trace amount of a stabilizer and a hydrocarbon propellant, has historically[1] been used to help start internal combustion engines because of its low 160 °C (320 °F) autoignition temperature.[2] Some current products sold asstarting fluid are mostly volatile hydrocarbons such as heptane, (the main component of natural gasoline) with only a small portion of diethyl ether, and carbon dioxide (as a propellant).[3][4] It is often useful when starting direct injected diesel engines or lean burnspark engines running on alcohol fuel. Some formulations include butane or propane as both propellant and starting fuel.

All I know is, whatever the newer kinda ether spray jazz is, it won't seat the beads on tires very well like in the olden days. Not as much WHOMP to it.

I did it with just parts and a lot of reading.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
what parts would a person need if they also wanted to do this? Also how much did it cost to do the conversion? I want to do it on my generator.

what parts would a person need if they also wanted to do this? Also how much did it cost to do the conversion? I want to do it on my generator.
Regulator Garretson KN Beam Impco :youtube ( )
Spud-in for carb ( too one of the bad carbs , drilled it out and installed a spud-in and RTV sealed )
Needle valve to adjust flow ( brass fitting ontop Garretson KN Beam in my video)
propane BBQ grill regulator. ( from old grill)
Total scrounging parts on ebay and a supplier about $100

Found a few listing for kits on ebay all the same price:

Honda Propane Generator Tri-Fuel Conversion Kit for Honda Gas Generators LARGER
$128.00

Briggs Propane Generator Tri-Fuel Conversion Kit for Briggs Gas Generators

Briggs Generac GN410 Propane Generator Tri-Fuel Conversion Kit Gas Generators

Honda Propane Generator Tri-Fuel Conversion Kit Adapter for Smaller Engines

Tecumseh Coleman Propane Generator Tri-Fuel Conversion Kit for Gas Generators

Latest posts

Back