properly stacked and stickerd wood for drying

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
anyone want to mill this?

sorry about the quality, was taken on my phone...

attachment.php

The city does a good job of taking care of the parks. We have beautiful trees in the park down the street. Central park is really a beautiful place. Just wish they would plant more on the streets. Some people embrace flora with vigor here, some really don't even have the slightest idea of value of plants. Nada! It's really unbelievable.

I did a garden in my backyard here. Bricks and bluestone, benches, a couple of trees and some bamboo. The girls did the bushes and flowers. I'd post a pic but I don't have one.

The city does a good job of taking care of the parks. We have beautiful trees in the park down the street. Central park is really a beautiful place. Just wish they would plant more on the streets. Some people embrace flora with vigor here, some really don't even have the slightest idea of value of plants. Nada! It's really unbelievable.

I did a garden in my backyard here. Bricks and bluestone, benches, a couple of trees and some bamboo. The girls did the bushes and flowers. I'd post a pic but I don't have one.

plenty of room for flora down here buddy... im sure you could get used to it

attachment.php

thats an impressive collection woodshop!

I've been milling several thousand feet a year for a while now... but literaly have run out of room to not only sticker it till dry, but mostly to then dead stack it in storage. I now regularly turn down logs that aren't top notch.

Thats a huge tree, that blowdown there. You're gonna need aggies big csm for that one if you had access to it. Even then, you'd be taking off a slab, turning the tree (I don't know how... but) taking another slab, turn again etc till you get it down to the capacity of his biggest blade and you could then make cants to mill into boards.

I've been milling several thousand feet a year for a while now... but literaly have run out of room to not only sticker it till dry, but mostly to then dead stack it in storage. I now regularly turn down logs that aren't top notch.

Thats a huge tree, that blowdown there. You're gonna need aggies big csm for that one if you had access to it. Even then, you'd be taking off a slab, turning the tree (I don't know how... but) taking another slab, turn again etc till you get it down to the capacity of his biggest blade and you could then make cants to mill into boards.

yeah... its a bit tooooo big for the 84" GB bar. imagine a table top that big... a macrocarpa table 4' wide x 7' long x 3" thick goes for over $3000 here. It would almost be worth getting something custom built to slab it.

LOL roll it??? i'll just hop in the D9 ive got sitting in my garage, hahahaha

Last edited:
attachment.php

Here's some nice stacks that I found a while ago... wish they were mine! lol.

Hi All ......... Some very nice looking stacks of wood there , My stickering and stacking varies a lot depending on the the timber sizes , one of my stacks in the pics is about 3' wide at the base and roughly half way up about 4' wide and back to about 3' wide near the top , but well balanced , I don't want me or anyone else to wear the pile , have also now tied the stack to a pole behind it for safety , also my stickers are anywhere between 1' and 6" apart , I have a lot of short odd ball lenghts and widths in my stack , so when ever I need to I stick extra stickers in , I also try to line them up ,but its not always possible , so extra stickers help . Oh one last thing I was talking to a old work mate of mine , from my sawmill job days , I asked him what size we used to stack the piles for the steam kilns (rusty memory) approx 21'L x 8'H x 8'W , Which is what I thought , because when on occasion they would load a semi , they could only fit 2 stickered packs on at a time . Cheers MM

Boy what I wouldn't give for a stack of this pretty stuff...
redgum.jpg

Here is some Red Elm we did yesterday... Stickering needs tweaked as we did it quickly due to it starting to rain.
attachment.php
Don't worry about the stickers not lining up... it's not THAT important in the whole scheme of things as long as you have them in the general area they need to be. From the looks of your stack, I wouldn't take the time to line them up dead strait unless you're inclined to be that way and every time you see the stack that's gonna bother you.:cheers:

yeah... its a bit tooooo big for the 84" GB bar. imagine a table top that big... a macrocarpa table 4' wide x 7' long x 3" thick goes for over $3000 here. It would almost be worth getting something custom built to slab it.

LOL roll it??? i'll just hop in the D9 ive got sitting in my garage, hahahaha

:ices_rofl:

:rock:

For those that don't know, a D9 is I think one of the biggest dozers that caterpillar makes.....About the size of an M1 abrams tank.

Macrocarpa is a type of cypress, right?? Forgive me if I'm wrong. It'd be a pity for it to just sit there. I wonder what a 10' bar would cost!! HAHA.

Back