prusik hitch and micro pulley

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stihl066

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
if anyone has used the prusik hitch with a micro pulley to tend the tail of the rope, i would like to know how to tie in the pulley to the tail rope or how that works. pictures would be very great! thanks
:greenchainsaw:

pulley goes on the biner.

put one eye on the biner then the pulley, tie your knot/hitch around your climb line and then put the eye on the biner.

doing a search might find you some pics.

thanks that helps! i think i got it figured out! yea i am new to this new system of climbing! i retired my old seat saddle and bought a new Master Delux and the prusik and pulley

Thought you used some small cordage attached the climb line above your terminal knot to keep more slack out of the line when footlocking?

Is that an original bridge on your harness or did you add that?

Inquiring mind wanna know!

Stihl066, here is a link to a thread with some more pictures of micro pulley setup. I think it is in the second page.

Good for you for trying the newer system, once you get used to it you will never go back. The biggest adjustment I found was getting used to grabbing the rope over the hitch to advance. Traditional climbing you will leave a tail and adjust it to the length of your arms or pull. To advance you will pull under the hitch and slide it up to advance. With the closed system you pull over the hitch and the rope will fall through the hitch. Practice it a few dozen times in the yard and you will get it, be careful.

Thought you used some small cordage attached the climb line above your terminal knot to keep more slack out of the line when footlocking?

Is that an original bridge on your harness or did you add that?

Inquiring mind wanna know!

that pulley trick you are talking about was something a respected climber passed on to me.

that is some true blue with triplefisherman knots for termination. i did it. didnt really trust the one that came with the saddle.

for long ascend footlock i use a dual ascender. but i am thinking i am going to end up going with a length of small diameter line and a biner. easier on and off the rope than the dual ascender. cheaper too.

what is the best knot to use to tie the tail of the rope to the biner to clip on ur saddle.. i've just been using a bowline cuz its the only knot i know how to tie good that works for that

i go with the double fisherman now for terminating knot. was using the bowline. the double is a little neater than the bowline.

Scaffold knot is also referred to as the double fisherman's loop in the Climber's Companion.

I prefer to use the term "bend" where appropriate (joining rope/webbing ends) to try to keep the confusion down.

Back