Purchasing a Dolmar 6400

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

banditt007

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Ok I have a few questions before purchase.

1) In some pictures I see the decomp button on the left side or the right side of the saw, what does that mean (updated, other things changed ext?)

2) Muffler that comes with a new 6400 is now always with a cat? or do some have the SLR?

3) Is this saw a traditional style 2 stroke (non strato charged?)

3) Do all models have a fully adjustable carb?

4) What kind of stock chain does it come with? I hope not some safety garbage.

5) Anything else I should look/watch out for when buying it (new)? updates ext?

6) What is the cheapest place online to buy one, either PHO or with a bar? so far www.chainsawsdirect.com is the best price i've seen for $589 shipped w/ 20" bar.

Thanks.

3) it is an open port cylinder which I think would be sort of primitive traditional
5) depending on where and when things have changed, the parts lists or ipl's as they are most commonly called on here are available to attempt to figure it out.
6) Dolmar isn't supposed to sell mail order the way I understand it. Not sure it would be advisable to start putting folks that violate that out for public viewing. It seems larger than the 421 harder to find on line. I do see an ebay seller from my state in the flashing sponsors that lists that saw with some fancy bar. One would really have to get verification as to what is adjustable on the model you are ordering. If they drop ship it might be more complicated.

3)
6) Dolmar isn't supposed to sell mail order the way I understand it. Not sure it would be advisable to start putting folks that violate that out for public viewing.

online sales are now OK provided they are listed at full list price. . We cannot advertise them for less than list price or we will end up with are hand smacked but we can add on FREE stuff to effectively reduce the price...free shipping is one i use or on the 7910 i throw in a 20" total super light and tough plus free shipping. http://performanceoutdoorequipment.com/collections/power-equipment/products/dolmar-ps-7910

Ok I have a few questions before purchase.

1) In some pictures I see the decomp button on the left side or the right side of the saw, what does that mean (updated, other things changed ext?)

2) Muffler that comes with a new 6400 is now always with a cat? or do some have the SLR?

3) Is this saw a traditional style 2 stroke (non strato charged?)

3) Do all models have a fully adjustable carb?

4) What kind of stock chain does it come with? I hope not some safety garbage.

5) Anything else I should look/watch out for when buying it (new)? updates ext?

6) What is the cheapest place online to buy one, either PHO or with a bar? so far www.chainsawsdirect.com is the best price i've seen for $589 shipped w/ 20" bar.

Thanks.
http://performanceoutdoorequipment.com/collections/power-equipment/products/dolmar-ps-6400 $579 plus free shipping

all new 6400's come with a cat muffler

the SLR muffler is used on the 7910

They are a traditional 2 stroke design and currently the only strato saw dolly has is the 6100

all models are fully adjustable carb

72V(safety chain with the funky bent over drags) is what they come with factory but any good dealer:) should swap it out if you ask

Latest posts

Back