Push me into a 361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keeping the lights on,,,,,,

I think you can do a little better on price, but instead of negotiating lower, you might work some freebies as others have mentioned. :D

Happy shopping

We all have our ideas on how to haggle, but remember that your dealer dose need to cut a profit also.

Just like we need to, beating your dealer up for everything, just won't make his favorites list. There is a lot to be said about getting those "freebies" , and keeping a good working relationship.

Your dealer is one of your best friends if you think long term, paying his price on a few things, and asking for that "deal" on others is were it starts.

Asking for that trivial item after the slip has been made out, or just after he figured out the tax amount seems to work every-time!

Usually used items are fair game also!

Just another angle, if your running late on a Friday, or a Saturday eve, picking up a twelve pack for his "boys" and making yourself slightly later , would go further if you ever pulled up just as he locks the door, might make a difference in him reopening it for a minute, instead of saying "Sorry were closed!"

I don't want to beat the guy up too bad. He's offered me a pretty good price and I'm happy to get that.

He's also saving me a pile of broken saws that people have brought in that aren't cost-effective to repair. I was in there a couple months ago and asked him what he did with all the busted saws that people abandon there and he said "nothing, we just throw them out. In fact, you're a couple days late...I just threw a hole loader-full of the in the dumpster when we were cleaning up around here". Argh!!! He's saving them for me now. They may not be worth paying someone labor and parts to work on them but some are sure to be worth my time tinkering in the basement.

And yeah, I'll bring the guy a six-pack or two!!

jim

I don't want to beat the guy up too bad. He's offered me a pretty good price and I'm happy to get that. ...

Agree, don't push it, and keep a good relationship - if I was a salesman, I would hate it, if the costumer kept on pushing, after I offered him a good deal.....:cheers: :cheers:

You NEED a 361! You NEED a 361! You NEED a 361!....this is my first attempt at hypnosis...lol.........

I bought one back in Februrary and it is by far and away the favorite around here. I let y wife block up a tree with it awhile back and now I think we are going to have to get another one since I about had to wrestle it away from her so I could go back to felling trees with it.

I had to give a little over $600 for it, but I also had to order the saw since none of the dealers in my area stock them, or any other pro saws for that matter, but it was well worth the money.

You NEED a 361! You NEED a 361! You NEED a 361!....this is my first attempt at hypnosis...lol.........

I bought one back in Februrary and it is by far and away the favorite around here. I let y wife block up a tree with it awhile back and now I think we are going to have to get another one since I about had to wrestle it away from her so I could go back to felling trees with it.

Ha ha, the Witch showed tendensies to wrestle mine away from me, so I offered to buy another for her - but the guys here talked her into a 5100 - and I tried to talk her into a Husky 346xpg, but I lost the battle - we will see how it ends.........:greenchainsaw:

Ha ha, the Witch showed tendensies to wrestle mine away from me, so I offered to buy another for her - but the guys here talked her into a 5100 - and I tried to talk her into a Husky 346xpg, but I lost the battle - we will see how it ends.........:greenchainsaw:
Hehehehe.........Not me :laugh: I am as innocent as a new born :ices_rofl:

NO.. you won.. she still doesn't have her "own saw":laugh: :laugh:

Back