Question about my saws????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

creaid

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I cut my own firewood, probably 3 or 4 cords a year. I have a poulan 2075 with 16" bar, and a husky 350 with 18" bar. My question is I need a new bar and chain for the 2075, Should I go back with the 16" or go with 14", or should I sell it and get a better small saw? Also, what is the best bar/chain size for the 350? Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
I cut my own firewood, probably 3 or 4 cords a year. I have a poulan 2075 with 16" bar, and a husky 350 with 18" bar. My question is I need a new bar and chain for the 2075, Should I go back with the 16" or go with 14", or should I sell it and get a better small saw? Also, what is the best bar/chain size for the 350? Thanks for your help.

I sure wouldn't put any bar longer than 16" on the 350 (preferably shorter) - have no idea what that Poulan is, but it probably would benefit from an even shorter bar.

I sure wouldn't put any bar longer than 16" on the 350 (preferably shorter) - have no idea what that Poulan is, but it probably would benefit from an even shorter bar.

I think the Poulan is a 34cc so should I go 14"?

The 350 came with a 18" bar, Is this to long? Seems to cut good.

If the 18" is to long on the 350 what would be the ideal saw to run 18 to 20" bar/chain?

Thanks

So you guys think the 350 is a good firewood saw for me? I'm cutting 3 to 5 cords a year, Some up to 36" most is 14 to 20". Thanks

Since the 350 is your "big" saw I agree with the 18" recommendation.

Is there a 8" bar available for that Poulan????

I would run the Poulan into the ground and save your money up for a 357XP or 365 Husky, if you can find one.

Since the 350 is your "big" saw I agree with the 18" recommendation.

Is there a 8" bar available for that Poulan????

I would run the Poulan into the ground and save your money up for a 357XP or 365 Husky, if you can find one.

I think 12" is the smallest bar/chain for the 2075.

I think the Poulan is a 34cc so should I go 14"?

The 350 came with a 18" bar, Is this to long? Seems to cut good.

If the 18" is to long on the 350 what would be the ideal saw to run 18 to 20" bar/chain?

Thanks

will have to disagree with troll here - 18" is fine for the 350.

14" on the 2075 ;)

18" is not "too long", but the saw handles better with a 16".

If you really need an 18", you also need a larger saw - if you just want it for reach and an occational "big" cut, it is perfectly OK.

The guy I cut with the most uses only a 350 with an 18" bar. It holds up and cuts wood just fine. He picks the trees he wants to cut and I pick what I want.

I won't let him use one of my saws because he might then become dissatisfied with his. He is a humble man without any sort of chainsaw affliction, so there is no saw envy either.

I am not going to comment on the size (OK I will ... 16"), but I know for the poulan that places like Lowes and Menards sell an Orgeon chain/bar combo and the prices are really pretty good when you look at the price of just a chain. I think that it would take the s56 combo.

Latest posts

Back