Question about Woods Porting?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
saw shop rates around here are 60 an hr. so it would be really hard to get much for 90 bucks. figure disassembly and reassembly you get an hour worth of porting work. just the 288 exhaust hood and screen would cost 20bucks wouldnt it? im betting its a muffler modd and setting squish with no grinding done. that would be better than stock , should be a noticeable difference in power. that would fit the 90 dollar bill around here. if they do good work and the saws run good and folks are happy with them,good for them. thats why they have been in bussiness for so long. but you sure cant get a good woods port around here for that kind of money.. nuff said

Ya, that's why they can offer a warranty, cause they don't alter anything! LOL, no grinding done, so its easy to send it back to husky for warranty. I'm dying to see inside a Double D saw!

These posts have been so back and forth wishy washy that I am starting to think that I should leave well enough alone and just leave my saws stock. I mean stock saws run great and will do the job just as well as a modified saw. It may take a little longer, but would you really notice a difference if you are working all day? In the end, the work is done. I will just keep them in tip top stalk form and keep the chains super sharp and they should cut just fine and run a long time.

When I buy a Stihl I will get the aftermarket parts that are available such as the double port muffler etc, etc, etc. Other than that this port, don't port, do a ton of work, keep it simple, geeeeeeez it is enough to drive you crazy before it is all said and done.

On top of that, as I said before. I am not exactly crazy about sending my saws away across the freaking country anyway.

why do you insist on being so defensive? many of us admit they may do an ok basic port job and that lots of the gains of a full port job can be gotten from the $90 job.

I've had enough of this ****. I put them out there as a source and everyone jumped me for it cause they are too cheap. You internet porters that charge 300 bucks for your work are obviously threatened. Go cut some cookies and burn them in your Chiminaya, stop beating a dead horse. Your rates are rediculous and your skills are subpar.

These posts have been so back and forth wishy washy that I am starting to think that I should leave well enough alone and just leave my saws stock. I mean stock saws run great and will do the job just as well as a modified saw. It may take a little longer, but would you really notice a difference if you are working all day? In the end, the work is done. I will just keep them in tip top stalk form and keep the chains super sharp and they should cut just fine and run a long time.

When I buy a Stihl I will get the aftermarket parts that are available such as the double port muffler etc, etc, etc. Other than that this port, don't port, do a ton of work, keep it simple, geeeeeeez it is enough to drive you crazy before it is all said and done.

On top of that, as I said before. I am not exactly crazy about sending my saws away across the freaking country anyway.

Thats not a bad idea, just dont send 300 bucks to anyone.

I've had enough of this ****. I put them out there as a source and everyone jumped me for it cause they are too cheap. You internet porters that charge 300 bucks for your work are obviously threatened. Go cut some cookies and burn them in your Chiminaya, stop beating a dead horse. Your rates are rediculous and your skills are subpar.

:cry::cry::cry:

id bet a dz jelly donuts that they dont grind the cylinder for that price.

Your going to lose some jelly donuts. They do it right there in front of you. They have a machine shop on the side. They'll let you stand over their shoulder while they do the work if wanted.

I'm getting ready to have my 084 done by them soon. I'll have to start a thread with before and after cut times and include pix of the cylinder to show that they port the cylinders. If you guys like.

Ya, that's why they can offer a warranty, cause they don't alter anything! LOL, no grinding done, so its easy to send it back to husky for warranty. I'm dying to see inside a Double D saw!

They grind I've seen it, and your officially stupid again. And its D and D, get it right stupid!

ease up..........i'm trying to help understand what you might get for a $90 and why people are so happy to have them done at the double d. i always get suspicious of people who get so defensive.

shrub, stop trying to be the rodney king of this arguement. you sound more like rodney dangerfield. you're new, this is just a family squabble.

ease up..........i'm trying to help understand what you might get for a $90 and why people are so happy to have them done at the double d. i always get suspicious of people who get so defensive.

shrub, stop trying to be the rodney king of this arguement. you sound more like rodney dangerfield. you're new, this is just a family squabble.

You know what #### it, dont go to d and d for your mods. At least the line will be shorter for me.

id be very anxious to see those port pics. to see what kind of detail they go into. dont most of your good woods port jobs include milling jug for squish, milling piston pop up,grinding ports,cleaning up piston windows,blending transfers, adding port to muffler, not to mention the time spent to map the port timing and resetting it after the jug is lowered. so they do all that while you look over there shoulder. yep take lots of pics and timed cut videos. i gotta see this to believe it.

Last edited:
id be very anxious to see those port pics. to see what kind of detail they go into. dont most of your good woods port jobs include milling jug for squish, milling piston pop up,grinding ports,cleaning up piston windows,blending transfers, adding port to muffler, not to mention the time spent to map the port timing and restting it after the jug is lowered. so they do all that while you look over there shoulder. yep take lots of pics and timed cut videos. i gotta see this to believe it.

Trade sercrets, why would they let us video their work?

its not the colonels secret recipe ,its a port job for cry it out loud. you pay for it you can take all the pics of it you want.its yours isnt it??

Your going to lose some jelly donuts. They do it right there in front of you. They have a machine shop on the side. They'll let you stand over their shoulder while they do the work if wanted.

I'm getting ready to have my 084 done by them soon. I'll have to start a thread with before and after cut times and include pix of the cylinder to show that they port the cylinders. If you guys like.

Ok, so you can watch them do their work? Yet Pwoller says the guy doing the porting doesn't share any of his porting secrets to his employees? WTF??

They grind I've seen it, and your officially stupid again. And its D and D, get it right stupid!

ha ha ha ha ha OK whatever you say DOUBLE D!

ha ha again, It was me that started with the first comment, and I'm not an internet porter?? And where is the $300 price from? Last time it was $250 now its $300?

ha ha, now this is getting good! LOL

They are a husky dealer. They sell all types of equipment, and as far as I noticed they service pretty much anything. One of the owners does the mods, and he doesnt share the secrets with the other employees. While he worked over my saw about 30 people came and went having other things fixed or buying something. They were all taken care of by the other brother or the workers. It is a small shop that seems to do a great ammount of business. The guys are super friendly and knowlegable. In my few visits they have taught me all types of stuff about saws, if you havent been there make the trip.

So he doesn't share their super special $90 secret port jobs with their employee's, but yet you can stand there and watch everything that he does!! LOL, geeze this gets good. I'm sure Husky would love to know they are still offering a warranty on their modded huskies.

Ok, so you can watch them do their work? Yet Pwoller says the guy doing the porting doesn't share any of his porting secrets to his employees? WTF??

ha ha ha ha ha OK whatever you say DOUBLE D!

ha ha again, It was me that started with the first comment, and I'm not an internet porter?? And where is the $300 price from? Last time it was $250 now its $300?

ha ha, now this is getting good! LOL

Its ok simple people are people non the less. I still respect you. 250- 300 what differance does it make? Your still over priced cookie cutting internet porters. Hows it feel to have people bashing you? Only the family knows how they port, pretty reasonable to me.

L I K E I S A I D. you pay for it its your saw to take pics of. if you want to copy there work you can ,ITS YOUR NOW YOU PAID FOR IT.

Its ok simple people are people non the less. I still respect you. 250- 300 what differance does it make? Your still over priced cookie cutting internet porters. Hows it feel to have people bashing you? Only the family knows how they port, pretty reasonable to me.

Ok, you must be the stupid one, you keep saying I'm an internet porter and that I'm over priced?? I've said it like a few times now, I DON'T PORT SAWS FOR PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GET IT??? Who's bashing me?

Back