Question and a pic

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimT

Reaction score
Hello folks, new to the forum, but want to ask, I just orderd the new Jerry Beranek book, "High Climbers and Timber Fallers". Was wondering if any one here has seen it, It sounds awsome, I like big timber, real big, and it sounds like this is the book for good pics and strories, let me know if you can.
BigTimber.jpg

Beraneks book is superb. Really is a bit inspiring.
Get ready to read a little. He supplies decent plain speaking stories to go with the photos.
For more inspiring photos. There is a book called Kinseys Photographs (I think). Darius Kinsey turn of the century in the Puget Sound area. It is sensational. Even just the pictures of the logging camp kitchens are special.

Thanks very much Smokechase!! I have many of the old "big timber books" in cluding the Kinsey book, but what grabbed me about Jerrys book, was the fact that it is from modern old growth operations. I have never seen a realy good photo book from the modern era of realy big redwood logging work. So I am hoping it will be as great as I think it will be. Being here in Western NY, it's all hardwood and of course we never see realy big trees and all the special ways of dealing with them. Thanks for the reply!! Tim.

Latest posts

Back