Question for the Stihl Experts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a "bargain" thing actually. Having the firewood business has made ot easier to buy different saws when a deal comes along and try them out for awhile, the ones that don't make the "cut" get sold. One bigger business is what it has turned out to be;

Firewood sales
Sawdust sales
Chain sharpening
Buy and Sell saws

Turns out it is CAD of a more substantial type! :chainsaw: :cheers:

I only looked at Stihls years ago before getting bit by the Husky bug, I am ready to try one...who knows?

I always thought the 280 might be a good saw for me since I gather firewood at around 9000', but my wood pile is at 5300'. It would nice to have the compensating carb.

The deal itself sounds like a great deal.

If you are looking for a saw that will knock your socks off, look seriously at the 361! I run both a 290 and a 361 and at this point, I see no use for the 290 any longer....

I will clean out the oil and fuel tanks and fog the carb/intake and lay it up for now. That 361 screams through old rock hard oak like it is nice soft pine.

I am in love with this saw!

Anyway, if you have to have a saw, the 280 is good and the $400 is a really good deal.

Just got in from the trip, got the saw and a trunk load of goodies to go with it.

1. The saw which looks like it hasn't cut anything, he used it 15 hours tops.

2. The gas can with the gas/oil mix still in it.

3. 10 containers of Stihl Pro Mix oil, the ones that go with one gallon of gas.

4. A barely used set of large Husqvarna chaps.

5. A new helmet/shield/earmuffs.

6. The tools that come with a new saw.

7. 1.75 gallons bar oil.

8. Two ten dollar certificates to the restaurant the guy owns.

9. I believe he was about to offer his wife too, she was a looker.......why do I act so bad?

His story is he bought the saw to take a row of small trees out behind his house. He never owned a saw, but the estimates to take the trees out were over $1500. and that pissed him off so he bought the saw and gear and did it himself. There are no other trees on the property to speak of, so he decided to sell it. So I guess he felt losing $350. on the saw and gear he bought was less much less damaging than paying the big bucks to have someone else do it.

Works for me.

I like my 280 I got mine in with a case on flea bay for $295 with shipping.

I cuts good I did switch to RSC chain.

Latest posts

Back