Question on a man purse :) while working on the rigging?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I NEED HOOKWORMS! The alders dried out today and continued with their pollen dispersal. The Used Dog had a greenish yellow head!! AHCHOO!

Maybe that's why I got a sore throat and a stuffed nose. Been in Montana and Pullman the last week and a half. Got back yesterday and now I feel like crap... damn rainy wet side anyways lol

I thought I better chime in on this, I'm not a logger but I am a professional woods crapper. My preferred method is to find a low stump to crap over so it will hold my pants out of the way of any splatter. The real art is dealing with overalls, you got to undo your galluses,(shoulder straps) reach between your legs and pull them forward, holds everything out of the way. Somebody's got to pass along this info to the younger generation. As for the frequency one might expect to have to crap in the woods, I didn't know you could go to the woods without it.

I heard a story about a guy who had really bad allergies. He heard something about hookworms curing allergies, so he went to Africa, asked where the bathroom area was, and stomped around in it with bare feet. He got hookworm.

His asthma went away. Somehow, he "harvested" his hookworms and was marketing them as an allergy remedy until the FDA shut him down. The story ended with, "He is now in Canada."

If all those nasties are in the ground out here, I had best toughen my feet in and go barefoot.

Louie Lamour used to write that the west was a less infectious place than the east.

Dr Lawn, :) :cheers: is that true?

Ah ha, you have been listening to NPR:msp_scared::( Me too.:(:msp_rolleyes:

Go man purse!!!! :rock: I have one and use it every day. I would have replied yesterday but didnt have the time. 2 molly's on it and half wrapped in danger flagging to its easy to find.

Ah ha, you have been listening to NPR:msp_scared::( Me too.:(:msp_rolleyes:

Yes. They upped their power, or something and it comes in now--just a bit scratchy. The alternatives are Radio Free Glenoma or KMNT or whatever is coming in when the wind is blowing just so. Radio Free Glenoma has no news, and is hard to describe.

Then please go back to the chainsaw forum and stay there. You have blown your credibility with that statement.

I think it happened before that. Not that I have ever known anybody to eat a pinch of dirt(except when I was a kid), but I have never known any logger that gave a rat's ass about what was in the dirt they were working on.

This thread has now been officially hijacked. I don't even feel the need to start this post off with "on a semi related note...."

Last year there was a short in the news about some food poisoning that happened in one of the universities. From memory a whole bunch of people got suck, 60 or 80 people. A few of the students who ate the exact same food had no problems at all. They were mostly chinese, with a few from other developing nations. The basic food hygiene in their own countries had conditioned their stomachs to be more tolerant. My partner is chinese, and on more than one occasion we've eaten out and I've suffered for it while she was fine.

As to the need for crapping in the woods.... I blame bad breakfast fast food and worse coffee. I usually eat in the truck on the way to the site, but by the time I'm getting to site bad things are going on in my tummy an I'm getting ready to destroy a porta potty. I gotta start eating at home more often.

Shaun

Sounds right. She retired ~1994 and moved to Long Beach. I think she died not long after that. She had a collection of frog figurines, all of them rather... well-endowed. Yep, a bunch of frog boners. Cool old crazy lady.

That place was in line with a mud slide that went through (Literally) in 2007. Port Blakely bought it and all that is left is a concrete slab. The last owner barely got out during the mudslide. Her faithful Lab helped her get out. Somebody looted the place and took the moosehead.

That's the end.

I'm not sure about man purses, but I never leave the house without my nose box. It's for food, more food, starter pawls, oh #### clips, rope, screws,plugs,more saw crap, various tools, a few files, both city and mountain money, pills, condiments, keys, after work beverages for the ride to the beer store, and a myriad of other things. And not to be overlooked, the layer of sludge. Exterior sludge looks nice and all, but it is the interior sludge that is important. The interior sludge is what keeps other noses out haha. .
A small oil soaked nose bag is good to have in the back of the crummy for things that wont fit into the nose box. wedges, tapes, larger saw parts, a few chunks of black pitch for the cold days (just in case you cant find some). Then yet another nose bag that lives behind the seat containing tin pants and some wool for the wet days. .

That is mostly because the US and other modern societies use toilets. Proper sanitation and clean food sources are the best way to stop the spread of diseases.

I always thought just the right amount of germs mixed in the food was the ticket to being strong as a bull and healthy as a horse. Huh, I guess I will start wiping off my spoons and forks that live on the dash board before I use them.

Back