Questions about the all orange Dolmar 7900.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Banshee

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I don't remember if it's ever been discussed, but are the all orange 7900's the same as the black tops ones?

Is there anyone who own both or even ran both? If there are differances what are they?

I think I remember reading somewhere that the black top's were better. Is this true?

I have a solid red/orange 7900 that I got with a new top end installed by one of our members.
The only real difference I can see other than appearance is the leaky oiler on the older ones.
I have been told that the new line will fit the early saws and fix the problem and I have been told that they are completely different and will NOT interchange.

Which is correct????......I don't know, but you can bet I will know before spring!!!

Mike

They aren't orange, they're red.

The ones you are talking about are not here in the states. The US Dolmars have the black tops / black hoods.

They are all the same as well. :)

Then 2 must have gotten over the border somehow. Moparman and I both own the all "red" ones. lol

The early 7900's were all red, I had one. Dolmar has changed quite a few things. The carbs on the early 7900's had brass throttle shafts that would ware out prematurity. The early fuel lines would crack in really cold temps, and yes the oil lines would leak like the exxon valdez. The AV springs are now larger and stronger.

Mike the new line is shaped the same as the old one, it's just made made of a different rubber compound.

orange top

dolmar used the orange tops till about 2005. around that same time they changed the flywheel and module. other updates included black fuel line old one was green and would tend to brake in cold weather .
i own both versions and i find the newer saws (black tops) to hae faster throttle responce and noticible power gaines.
(newer saws also have updated carb)

Then 2 must have gotten over the border somehow. Moparman and I both own the all "red" ones. lol

DANG LOUIE!!!

You don't reckon we will get in trouble for employing "illegal immigrants" do you???

Surely not,.....................no one else does!!!

Latest posts

Back