Race chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I too would like to try it. Looks great. Still learning. Making the horsepower just need to learn how to grind.

if 56 can hit a stick several times from 25yds with rocks, he would be playing baseball, not serving as bombing practice for hornets.

Hitting a stick 3 times in a period of 30 or so minutes aint gonna get anyone to the world series. .

I am also just devastated to hear that I am the cull of AS. . completely gone, cant even keep myself together. .

Last edited by a moderator:
Hitting a stick 3 times in a period of 30 or so minutes aint gonna get anyone to the world series. .

I am also just devastated to hear that I am the cull of AS. . completely gone, cant even keep myself together. .

What makes you a cull? Me no understand?

Some uppity dudes say I am, im not gonna get too worried about it though. .

Typical "if I aint seen it, I dont like it, & if I cant do it no one can. ." type stuff.

maybe i don't know what your definition of a stick is. when i think stick, i think some thing the size of my thumb. i would be happy to hit it one time at 25yds........and i'm (was) a pretty decent BB player.

hornets will track you for hundreds of yards. just when you think they have stopped chasing you, powwwwwww!!!!!! it feels like getting hit with a stick....i remember my cousin shooting a nest with a shotgun while we were squirrel hunting. as the ol' saying goes about bears; you don't have to be the fastest person in the wood, just be faster than the guy next to you.

maybe i don't know what your definition of a stick is. when i think stick, i think some thing the size of my thumb. i would be happy to hit it one time at 25yds........and i'm (was) a pretty decent BB player.

hornets will track you for hundreds of yards. just when you think they have stopped chasing you, powwwwwww!!!!!! it feels like getting hit with a stick....i remember my cousin shooting a nest with a shotgun while we were squirrel hunting. as the ol' saying goes about bears; you don't have to be the fastest person in the wood, just be faster than the guy next to you.

Lol, if a bear attacks, just throw rocks at your partner, that way the bear knows who's side you're on.
John

JR2.jpg

Last edited:
Lil Jackie in the above picture putting the run on the grizz almost got it today when a Hawk almost got the little basterd. Glad I was there. I think Jacky has nine lives and he's only spent four. Lol
John

bad ass country there!

I bet those bears can really file a race chain, you should bring them down to the lower 48 so they can hold tutorials with the non filers. Who knows maybe some will get culled out for scoring too low the BBRFT test. (Basic Bear Race Filing Technique)

Any man worth his salt would have ran and rescued his dog. Mans best friend ya know.
Thats why the dog stays in the car with me and the wimmins go out for the pictures.
Momma's just inside that bush ,a minute before she was walking across the road with twins, my photography luck though, a dollar short and a day late

Last edited:
I knew you'd both come through:laugh::laugh:

thinned? hard to tell.Machine ground,
a little boning,
no work on the back of the tooth?

aggressive lookin bite,
I'd love to try it.

That chain is thinned & hand filed, and all kinds of work to the back of the cutter. I showed you mine now it your turn to show me your saw porters chain:)

Which porter?

Besides my macro setting isn't doing its macro thing very well

I don't care which one, the fast stuff, I wanna see the fast chains, that okay on the Macro setting, mine isn't worth a flip either, I took about 20 pics just to get that one, if there's a will there's a way:greenchainsaw:

I don't care which one, the fast stuff, I wanna see the fast chains, that okay on the Macro setting, mine isn't worth a flip either, I took about 20 pics just to get that one, if there's a will there's a way:greenchainsaw:

I've tried everything,setting the camera on a counter and putting a white sheet behind, it don't matter it sucks.

BTW I don't have any fast stuff, the southern guys have that market sewn up, we Canucks just weld nails on chain and hope for the best.

Hahaha, I think I ended up covering up part of the flash with my finger so it wouldn't white wash the whole chain, the best I found was to hold the camera as far away as I could and then zoom in until it cleared up, and then hope for the best, there was only about 2 that were decent enough to post.

and one little shake......I have a picture of a wall or ceiling
I've even stacked books up to set the camera on...

Just tried again and the batteries went dead with no spares, I go to the store,get gas,root beer, shoot the **** with a farmer, heavy equipment Auto Trader,and forget batteries.

It just ain't meant to be man

Latest posts

Back