Racing Saw Fuel Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnc(ks)

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
A buddy of mine rides dirt bikes (I haven't ridden for years). He is thinking about trying out racing gas (or AVGAS), and asked me if the saw racers use different oil mix, or different fuel/oil ratios when using either of these fuels. I did a rudimentary search of this forum and couldn't immediately find what I was looking for. Could someone enlighten me (without giving away any trade secrets). Thanks.

John

The best thing you can do is go to someone like VP Fuels and they will tell you what fuel and oil to run and there is alot of different kinds of fuel so go to the boys that khow

VP makes excellant stuff, but IMO Phillips 66 race fuesl are slightly better(at least they where 5 years ago). If he want to talk to somebody in regards to race fuels tell him to contact Precision Automotive research out of Bensenvillie, IL. The guy you want to talk to there is Dr. Dave Redzous.

I am using Klotz Fuel and Amsoil Dominator Synthetic oil. Im no racer, But in my Ported saws, it wont build up as much heatand provides good lubrication.
Hunter

Hunter i use klotz oil in the alcohol /nitro mix and would not change for anybody , i donot use bean oil

Back