Ran across a new 441....what would you do?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't forget about the outstanding fuel mileage of the 441. I can cut for hours on a tank, sometimes I don't have to fuel it at all. As for being overweight, i'm not sure, all the 70-80cc saws feel the same to me but I have man arms. As for power I could not tell the difference between the 441 and 460 so my 460 went down the road as did my 440 because it did not have the same power. As for Huskys I have sold a few 372s never really liked them, I do like the 181, 288 saws, real good runners.

Don't forget about the outstanding fuel mileage of the 441. I can cut for hours on a tank, sometimes I don't have to fuel it at all. As for being overweight, i'm not sure, all the 70-80cc saws feel the same to me but I have man arms. As for power I could not tell the difference between the 441 and 460 so my 460 went down the road as did my 440 because it did not have the same power. As for Huskys I have sold a few 372s never really liked them, I do like the 181, 288 saws, real good runners.

I agree on the weight , the pissing and moaning over a couple ounces is unreal , if 6 ounces makes or breaks you maybe cutting wood wasnt your calling in life !

A little weight don't matter cutting on the weekends or cutting cookies but 8-10 hours a day even 1 pounds makes a difference

Sent from my Autotune Carb

There are only a few members here then that have a legitimate reason to be concerned about 6-8 ounces on a saw then bc most of us here, myself included, do not make a livin with saw. That said, when I do cut, I skip over the small stuff and go straight for the logs. I can cut all day with a 288 in my hand. I believe it is the perfect saw.

There are only a few members here then that have a legitimate reason to be concerned about 6-8 ounces on a saw then bc most of us here, myself included, do not make a livin with saw. That said, when I do cut, I skip over the small stuff and go straight for the logs. I can cut all day with a 288 in my hand. I believe it is the perfect saw.

feel free to use it..anyway..ive used a chainsaw 5 or 6 hours in a day ..and what comes to mind is when i labored for my dad when he was framing houses and doin roofs..and when i hear people complain about hard work i tend to chuckle..my dad is an old school hard nosed guy and sympathy is between **** and syphillis in the dictionary with him..its a good thing he doesnt do tree work , if he heard a guy whining about saw weight they would be on their way home !

That kinda got me thinking, that man made up the minds of many 18-21 year old kids to go to college..or at the very least go find an easier job , i remember things like saying " dad why dont we get these shingles boomed or get a lift ladder..and his response was " why would i do that when i have a 20 year old son and a 19 year old nephew" i still work for him but now i get to watch someone else carry a couple of lifts of 3/4 plywood for floors , and basically a whole framing package for a house..his generation was a different breed here, hes 62 and he just cuts rafters now and bi*ches at everyone all day..maybe i had a rough expierence for 5 years when i was younger ..but it taught me what hard work is..and im thankful for it

Latest posts

Back