Random pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You reload like my brother and I do. :clap: Primers have been the biggest problem to get here in CA. When suppliers get them, guys will buy the whole lot at one time leaving none for the average shooter/reloader. WOLF brand from Russia has been the only reliable source right now for LR & SR primers. I'm having problems getting Bench rest primers and LRM primers. It takes 4-6 weeks to get them from Midway.:( With your license it should be easier I hope.:clap:

I just had a barrel built for my Encore pistol in .17 Ackley Bee to cut down on powder consumption and the price of bullets. I do a lot of varmint shooting on local ranches and it is a good 350yd round.

jerry-

Primers have been a problem here also. I found 45,000 Wolf which I've about sold out. Latest find, 40,000 small pistol which will probably sell quickly also.

Like you Encore, bet that Bee will sting.:rock:

Primers have been a problem here also. I found 45,000 Wolf which I've about sold out. Latest find, 40,000 small pistol which will probably sell quickly also.

Like you Encore, bet that Bee will sting.:rock:

I've been using it for varmint shooting and it does a number on them. I'm using the Hornaday 20gr V-Max bullets. My friend found son 17 gr. V-Max bullets that are used in the .17 HMR rounds, talk about fast. With the 20gr. I can get 3,550fps. I didn't have a chance to chronograph the .17gr bullets, but I'm sure they exceded 3,600fps.

We spent a week in NE CA in a town called Cederville shooting gophers on cut alfalfa fields. It's like shooting on your lawn, flat. I shot the .17 and a number of other varmint caliber rifles and pistol barrels for my TC's.

The rifle is my custom CZ-24 Mauser I built chambered in .22-250 Ackley Improved. I shoot the 50 Nosler BT. It's funny, today I had my eye exam and I saw my friend, who I worked with for 35 years. he is P.O. Ackley's nephew Bob Ackley. He still has a few rifles that his uncle built for him when he was a teenager. Anyway, I like the wild cat cartridges.

later,
jerry-

We spent a week in NE CA in a town called Cederville shooting gophers on cut alfalfa fields. It's like shooting on your lawn, flat.

The rifle is my custom CZ-24 Mauser I built chambered in .22-250 Ackley Improved. I shoot the 50 Nosler BT.

That sure is some flat ground. West Virginia boys don't see much of that.

I had a VZ24 action made into a sporter by Kimber. It's was an '06 and a real tack driver for a hunting rifle. I used WW-760 and a 150 Nosler for most my deer hunting. Great combo.

Picture131.jpg

Picture132.jpg

That sure is some flat ground. West Virginia boys don't see much of that.

I had a VZ24 action made into a sporter by Kimber. It's was an '06 and a real tack driver for a hunting rifle. I used WW-760 and a 150 Nosler for most my deer hunting. Great combo.

Picture131.jpg

Picture132.jpg

Nosler Bullets are very good. I actually killed a wild boar her in CA with that varmint rifle I posted a picture of using a 50gr Nosler Ballistic Tip. I pot one right in his ear and he dropped like a ton of bricks. My buddy and I were planning to only varmint shoot for the day, so I hadn't brought my back pack that had my knifes. We ended up field dressing the pig with a sheet rock knife. It was comical...

Kimber does make good rifles, I'll bet it's the first rifle you pick up when headed out hunting? I've been playing with a rifle built years ago by Mountain Rifle Inc., in Utah for sheep hunting. It's chambered in .30-378 Weatherby. I'm loading it fairly light and it uses 116.0 gr of 50BMG powder. I've got it shooting 3/4" groups at 100yds. using the Nosler 180gr. AccuBond bullet. I think it would shoot better if it had a heaver barrel, but the rifle soaking wet only weighs 7-1/2 pounds. Packs nice:) Kicks a lot...:dizzy:

jerry-

A recent purchase

Picked this Ruger LCP up a few weeks ago, added a pearce grip extension, extra magazine, Crimson Trace laser, and Crossbreed Mini-Tuck holster.

ruger_lcp_3.jpg

ruger_lcp_1.jpg

P2220255_480.jpg

DSC00360.jpg

MS180 thats not running too well Hmm wheres the air filter:cry:
The top had come off the plug and the oiler aint working but its still over 150 psi compression so it will live again.

attachment.php

Been a year since starting this. Didn't realize I started it on Halloween so here's a fitting pic of someones yard we passed a couple weeks ago.

The Phoenix

phoenixville.jpg

Here we have the head and neck portion of a pheonix made out of old pallets. The borough makes one every year, its usually is about 2 and 1/2 stories tall with 30 foot wingspan. The put it together down on one of the strip that is Phoenixville Pa then they torch it. I will get some pics of that.

A couple pics I took on a peanut plantation just out of Wilmington NC over the summer. I thought these trees were really cool and loved their shadows.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Back