Random pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LAH

ArboristSite Guru
. AS Supporting Member.
You reload like my brother and I do. :clap: Primers have been the biggest problem to get here in CA. When suppliers get them, guys will buy the whole lot at one time leaving none for the average shooter/reloader. WOLF brand from Russia has been the only reliable source right now for LR & SR primers. I'm having problems getting Bench rest primers and LRM primers. It takes 4-6 weeks to get them from Midway.:( With your license it should be easier I hope.:clap:

I just had a barrel built for my Encore pistol in .17 Ackley Bee to cut down on powder consumption and the price of bullets. I do a lot of varmint shooting on local ranches and it is a good 350yd round.

jerry-

Primers have been a problem here also. I found 45,000 Wolf which I've about sold out. Latest find, 40,000 small pistol which will probably sell quickly also.

Like you Encore, bet that Bee will sting.:rock:

820wards

820wards

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Primers have been a problem here also. I found 45,000 Wolf which I've about sold out. Latest find, 40,000 small pistol which will probably sell quickly also.

Like you Encore, bet that Bee will sting.:rock:

I've been using it for varmint shooting and it does a number on them. I'm using the Hornaday 20gr V-Max bullets. My friend found son 17 gr. V-Max bullets that are used in the .17 HMR rounds, talk about fast. With the 20gr. I can get 3,550fps. I didn't have a chance to chronograph the .17gr bullets, but I'm sure they exceded 3,600fps.

We spent a week in NE CA in a town called Cederville shooting gophers on cut alfalfa fields. It's like shooting on your lawn, flat. I shot the .17 and a number of other varmint caliber rifles and pistol barrels for my TC's.

The rifle is my custom CZ-24 Mauser I built chambered in .22-250 Ackley Improved. I shoot the 50 Nosler BT. It's funny, today I had my eye exam and I saw my friend, who I worked with for 35 years. he is P.O. Ackley's nephew Bob Ackley. He still has a few rifles that his uncle built for him when he was a teenager. Anyway, I like the wild cat cartridges.

later,
jerry-

LAH

ArboristSite Guru
. AS Supporting Member.
We spent a week in NE CA in a town called Cederville shooting gophers on cut alfalfa fields. It's like shooting on your lawn, flat.

The rifle is my custom CZ-24 Mauser I built chambered in .22-250 Ackley Improved. I shoot the 50 Nosler BT.

That sure is some flat ground. West Virginia boys don't see much of that.

I had a VZ24 action made into a sporter by Kimber. It's was an '06 and a real tack driver for a hunting rifle. I used WW-760 and a 150 Nosler for most my deer hunting. Great combo.

Picture131.jpg

Picture132.jpg

820wards

820wards

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
That sure is some flat ground. West Virginia boys don't see much of that.

I had a VZ24 action made into a sporter by Kimber. It's was an '06 and a real tack driver for a hunting rifle. I used WW-760 and a 150 Nosler for most my deer hunting. Great combo.

Picture131.jpg

Picture132.jpg

Nosler Bullets are very good. I actually killed a wild boar her in CA with that varmint rifle I posted a picture of using a 50gr Nosler Ballistic Tip. I pot one right in his ear and he dropped like a ton of bricks. My buddy and I were planning to only varmint shoot for the day, so I hadn't brought my back pack that had my knifes. We ended up field dressing the pig with a sheet rock knife. It was comical...

Kimber does make good rifles, I'll bet it's the first rifle you pick up when headed out hunting? I've been playing with a rifle built years ago by Mountain Rifle Inc., in Utah for sheep hunting. It's chambered in .30-378 Weatherby. I'm loading it fairly light and it uses 116.0 gr of 50BMG powder. I've got it shooting 3/4" groups at 100yds. using the Nosler 180gr. AccuBond bullet. I think it would shoot better if it had a heaver barrel, but the rifle soaking wet only weighs 7-1/2 pounds. Packs nice:) Kicks a lot...:dizzy:

jerry-

iCreek

iCreek

ArboristSite Guru
A recent purchase

Picked this Ruger LCP up a few weeks ago, added a pearce grip extension, extra magazine, Crimson Trace laser, and Crossbreed Mini-Tuck holster.

ruger_lcp_3.jpg

ruger_lcp_1.jpg

P2220255_480.jpg

scotclayshooter

scotclayshooter

Addicted to ArboristSite
DSC00360.jpg

MS180 thats not running too well Hmm wheres the air filter:cry:
The top had come off the plug and the oiler aint working but its still over 150 psi compression so it will live again.

Toddppm

Toddppm

Addicted to ArboristSite
attachment.php

Been a year since starting this. Didn't realize I started it on Halloween so here's a fitting pic of someones yard we passed a couple weeks ago.

treemandan

treemandan

Tree Freak
The Phoenix

phoenixville.jpg

Here we have the head and neck portion of a pheonix made out of old pallets. The borough makes one every year, its usually is about 2 and 1/2 stories tall with 30 foot wingspan. The put it together down on one of the strip that is Phoenixville Pa then they torch it. I will get some pics of that.

Latest posts