Random pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe not so random considering they're chainsaws, but a recent pic of my stable, including the yet-to-be-dirtied 372xpw! See sig for models.

IMG_4411x800.jpg

And their drains swirl opposite too! :)

Oh ta nice one,,, still here we are 12 to 18 hours way ahead of you chaps all the time. If I could just figure how to trick your lotto or pony race results..... :welcome:
I looked up why? drive on the left, seems just copied our forefathers from the UK. As we did not tell,m to go jump as you blokes we kept the "loony lefty". Still apparently its a safer side to drive on. Something about predominate right eye better to judge oncoming blah blah.

Log and Jack on the right

It ain't none of my business but I'd be leery of getting under that truck. Take a good look at the log the jack on the right is sitting on. It is not cut square and the jack is leaning because of that. One good bump on the left side of the truck and over she may go.

Nosmo

Its Australia day down here & I done all my chores yippy.
Here's a project finish last month. Its a Rutland 90watt wind turbine salvaged from brother in laws home lost to last summers fires. 7/2/09 173 dead 2000+ homes gone. We lost wife's brother Chris. This little turbine was all that was left standing at his farm house. The heat and wind estimates were 140+ kph winds & radiant heat fatal at 100+meters.
Brought it home & put it back up as kinda of a memorial to Chris. Amazing it still worked. So I got a chap to build the control box of tricks & inverter. It now feeds 2 deep cycle battery and can be used for mains 240 or 12volt output.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Pretty neat derwoodii, sorry for your loss though. Did Chris get caught in the fire? I only ask because I was a fireman at one time.

Pretty neat derwoodii, sorry for your loss though. Did Chris get caught in the fire? I only ask because I was a fireman at one time.

He was caught n his house trying to defend it. This was the tactic at the time suggested to be best with bushfires. A rethink now due to 8 years of drought and more extreme wind weather down here says unless your 100% prepared, just leave .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Saturday_bushfires

Its Australia day down here & I done all my chores yippy.
Here's a project finish last month. Its a Rutland 90watt wind turbine salvaged from brother in laws home lost to last summers fires. 7/2/09 173 dead 2000+ homes gone. We lost wife's brother Chris. This little turbine was all that was left standing at his farm house. The heat and wind estimates were 140+ kph winds & radiant heat fatal at 100+meters.
Brought it home & put it back up as kinda of a memorial to Chris. Amazing it still worked. So I got a chap to build the control box of tricks & inverter. It now feeds 2 deep cycle battery and can be used for mains 240 or 12volt output.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Sorry for your loss. That is a nice little set up and a great reminder of the loved one you lost.
My son in law was over there fighting fires at the time too. He said it was really bad and real sad. A couple of people on his crew lost their homes and didn't know if their loved ones got out in time.

He was caught n his house trying to defend it. This was the tactic at the time suggested to be best with bushfires. A rethink now due to 8 years of drought and more extreme wind weather down here says unless your 100% prepared, just leave .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Saturday_bushfires

Again sorry for your loss.

I had fires blow through here a couple years back. I stayed ready to fight but fortunately for me the fires stayed about 1/4 south of me due to the winds.

It ain't none of my business but I'd be leery of getting under that truck. Take a good look at the log the jack on the right is sitting on. It is not cut square and the jack is leaning because of that. One good bump on the left side of the truck and over she may go.

Nosmo

:agree2:

Stihl sawing

Man looks like your expecting company,bad company that is,LOL!.The old boy scout motto comes to mind"Be Prepared"

Back