Random pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice place *Not* to visit...

attachment.php

(Wilderness Height Sanitarium aka "Starvation Heights")

and the mad doctor...

attachment.php

(Linda Burfield Hazzard, MD)

Nasty piece of work that operated a 'fasting cure' sanatarium in my hometown a century ago... Makes the three-toed, inbred, backwoods redneck meth-heads that infest Olalla now look almost human... (given that most of Dr. Hazzard's patients died of starvation in 2-3 months, while the average meth-head will last a couple of years...)

Well, speaking of sanitariums...
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

This is the abandoned part of Bryce mental hospital in Tuscalooosa right next to Univ. Alabama. Went last week to check out the school with my daughter. Would have loved to get inside this place but figured it wouldn't help her in admissions if we got arrested. We drove around and I took pics from the car, she decided to jump out and get a pic of the entrance as we were leaving and Barney Fife was pulling up and yelled at her :msp_tongue: Signs all at the entrance saying no pictures, must sign in, blah, blah, blah.

Last edited:
Cool Frank Lloyd Wright inspired house by Alfred Parker on the lake, just got rebuilt. Felt like a dumbass driving through this part of town, was wondering why there was so many blank lots and new buildings going up........you can distinctly see the path the tornado took through the center of this area wiping out everything completely last year. So close to the school its unreal.
attachment.php

attachment.php

and a stump at a restaurant up the street
attachment.php

They had one of those exact pumps inside this restaurant near Natural Bridge, Va. we ate at last week. Was a cool little place, looked like Happy Days inside! Had an old ice cream parlor and soda fountain there too.
attachment.php

attachment.php

They say that the best camera is the one that you have in your pocket. I only had a point and shoot (Nikon P7100) but still managed to capture the magnificent clouds highlighted by the setting sun.

DSCN0651_2_3_tonemapped.jpg

This is what I do (some times) around the west coast

DSC_7020Small.jpg

DSC_6824Custom.jpg

DSC_4440.jpg

DSC_0908aa.jpg

This pic put me on my first cover shot on a Nation Mag

5-31-08Skagitb0053Small.jpg

Can you say dirt in your face :)

That's got to be hellacious fun.....that is until you go flipping down the racetrack:hmm3grin2orange: Just kidding , don't want to jinx you :msp_tongue: have done my fair share of flipping down the track on my dirtbikes:dizzy:

This must a popular photo spot. I seemed to remeber seeing photo's of this somewhere. I flipped through an old photography book and there it was. Nice job.

251028d1346549684-img_5235-jpg

Back