Random post 460/361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ingram306

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Ok well this is a long shot but hopefully it works.. About a year ago i purchased a Sthil 460 from another member on here, transaction went well, love the saw.. At the time he mentioned that he also had a Brand new 361 for sale, well now im in the market for one and i cant remember who it was, anyway, if it was you please send me a PM, or if anyone has a new(ish) 361 for sale please let me know...

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, figured it would get seen here

If you don't find one here, check out Ebay. There's piles of them on there and if you watch long enough, the right one at the right price will show up.
The 361 is a good choice for anyone IMO. I could not live without mine. :)

CAD can be a SOB, but I say skip the 361 and look for a strong 50cc saw. With a 460 and a good 50cc saw the 361 will be pointless. Now if you just want a 361 just because, than carry on.

:agree2:

A solid 50cc saw and the 460 are a great pair. That's what AS folks recommended to me when I started my chainsaw journey. And that's great advice; in truth, that pair will get most non-pro woodcutters through half a lifetime or better. But look at my sig line and you can see how little restraint I've exercised. This is a fun hobby once you get going, and no one says you have to stop at two saws--especially around here!

Olyeller

I have to jump in and agree with the last posts. You already have a beast. Get a 261 to go with it. The 361 is great if that is all you have, but unless you just want it for the heck of it, get a smaller saw to compliment the beast.:rock:

Yeah makes sense I guess to go with the 260. I know everyone loves them. My original plan was to get the 361 and run it with an 18 inch bar and use it for limbing some heavy downed stuff. The 460 gets a tad heavy with the 25 inch bar after about an hour haha. Thanks again for all the input. And the best part is nobody told me to get a husky lol

Back