Recommend a saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ted_D

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a quality smaller saw. I need it to toss in my jeep when I'm wheeling to cut trees out of the road and use for camping. My 2 Husky's are just to much saw. Price isn't a concern. Just need a good trustworthy saw in the 16 to 18 inch bar range.

I am looking for a quality smaller saw. I need it to toss in my jeep when I'm wheeling to cut trees out of the road and use for camping. My 2 Husky's are just to much saw. Price isn't a concern. Just need a good trustworthy saw in the 16 to 18 inch bar range.

What two saws do you have now?

When I think of a small trust worth saw with a 16-18" bar. 346xp comes to mind.

What saws do you have? Could always put a 16" on one of em and save a bunch of $$$.

I have a 395 and just got a new 570 this morning. I wanted a smaller saw and she got me one. LOL Just not small enough. I want one to keep in the my Wrangler and either on even with an 18 bar is just to much

I have a 395 and just got a new 570 this morning. I wanted a smaller saw and she got me one. LOL Just not small enough. I want one to keep in the my Wrangler and either on even with an 18 bar is just to much

Well a 346xp, or it's replacement a 550xp would fit right in there. :msp_smile:

Hey its just me, but there is no such thing as too much saw

You're going to get various recommendations here, all good. Pick a brand that is well supported by dealers in your area, and go with it. The Stihl MS261 is a great choice based on my experience with one, and they're a scream with a 16" bar and handle 18" well too. Can't speak for the others, but you can see the choices.....have fun with it and cut wood.

Well a 346xp, or it's replacement a 550xp would fit right in there. :msp_smile:

The best dealer in the area is a Husky/Echo dealer. I will stop tomorrow and see if he has these in stock and if so check them out. Thank you!!

38cc Earthquake....16":hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange: if price isn't a concern.....split metal crankcase, removable cylinder, adjustable chain oiler, spring anti vibe....don't let the $35 price tag scare you off...owners manual printed only in english....what a concept...

269656d1356496049-35-jpg

269657d1356496063-36-jpg

Send it to a resident hack like me and get er murdered out...

17DE60D1-B877-4C25-A1A1-B0A9C6F5F08B-23789-0000179FB8E4D106.jpg

In all seriousness, I think the 550xp is probably the best smaller saw out there with an 18" bar...love that little saw!

Hmm...do tell? Kinda looking for a smaller saw as well and light on the wallet also...that I can limb and do some light bucking and general firewood chores....talk some more about those "Earthquakes"...I'm ALL EARS!!!!:fingers-crossed:

Reggie

I love the Zombie killer blacked out look.....I think it would work great for a saw to clear blow downs from a trail....you could spend 20 times as much but I don't think you would get 20 times the results for that application. I am very impressed with my 6 quakes.....they are going to save my "good saws" from some tough duty in the future...:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

and it has a Viper motor...how U gunna beat that....

Latest posts

Back