Recommend me a new bench vise

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can definitely say for your average home shop a 10" is way too big,my Columbian weighs a 100lb I bet.
I rarely use it,the smaller craftsman is what I use,I forget what model it is but I've seen some on ebay for 3-400$

Thanks for all the suggestions! Unfortunately, my local Craigslist has nothing at the moment--I'd have to drive at least an hour to check out anything interesting. That 4.5" new Wilton is tempting, but I think I am going to go with the Yost 750 DI after all. Under $200 with free shipping, and my back is liking the idea of my saw being a few inches higher.

To answer the post above--I posted here in Chainsaws since that's mostly what I'll be using it for. Also just ordered one of Homelite410's chain vises, and very much looking forward to putting this combo to use. But I will be keeping my eye out when garage and yard sale season starts up again.

never been dissatisfied with my mild steel vice: 3inch wide jaws that open by 120mm with a 3 by 3inch hammering plate covering the screw mechanism (Record model 120).

Works great to recondition my guide bars, but funny that i put my handsaws on my lap when i sharpen them

Back