Red Elm

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It will look bigger when you get it split.My 46 was acting goofy yesterday.It ran fine untill I re-fueled, then it was screamin like it went lean.I backed the h-screw out about 1/4 turn and it seemed ok but when you used it(and I had refueled again by now) to noodle that last round it had went rich like it shoud have been after I backed the H-screw out.
Idonknow, maybe that tree is hainted...

Didn't you know it's International Jonsered Day.:D

It will look bigger when you get it split.My 46 was acting goofy yesterday.It ran fine untill I re-fueled, then it was screamin like it went lean.I backed the h-screw out about 1/4 turn and it seemed ok but when you used it(and I had refueled again by now) to noodle that last round it had went rich like it shoud have been after I backed the H-screw out.
Idonknow, maybe that tree is hainted...
LOL, I beginning to believe that. I would have got all the limbs on the elm tree if the 250 would have run. I was too sore to limb with the 460. As you seen they all have to be cut overhead. Also you remember that lady that ask me to cut a tree in her yard yesterday. Well her son ask me again today, It was right behind where we were. It was only a trunk about ten feet long. I cut it today too. Not a big tree either.

There's nothing that sucks more than when you just want to get the job done at hand and the darn machinery just wants to cause trouble. Especially on certain jobs.:bang:

Went back for the elm today, Got one and a half load of limbs. Had to think about each limb as it was entangled in another tree and think about which way it was gonna go.

attachment.php

attachment.php

First truckload

attachment.php

attachment.php

What it looked like when i left for lunch

attachment.php

What it looks like now, I knew the stump was gonna set back up from the massive root ball, So i cut it back close so i wouldn't have to fell it again. Sure enough it set up and throwed stinky water 50 feet. The trunk also landed kinda in the ditch. I will winch it out but not today. Both saws got dull and i was ready to come home.lol

attachment.php

attachment.php

That elm looks like it's almost certainly gonna stand back up, right, after you cut a bit more off the trunk.

Don't get hurt dude.

Nice way to spend a day off, even if you did work like a dog.:rock::rock:

Nevermind, you put up the pics while I was typing...lol

That elm looks like it's almost certainly gonna stand back up, right, after you cut a bit more off the trunk.

Don't get hurt dude.

Nice way to spend a day off, even if you did work like a dog.:rock::rock:

Nevermind, you put up the pics while I was typing...lol
It stood up, and fast too.lol It was funny to watch the water fly. The root hole was full of water.

What the pile looks like now, I need to split it.

attachment.php
Darn nice stack there.That oak is heavy like stump wood and should burn a long time. I wonder if its because of the massive weight of that monster. Hope you can let it season untill 12-13 or at least some of it. Anyway, nice score on the elm today.

Good job SS! You've got some good burin comin up there for next season :clap: When you gettin after the "monster"? :D

Maybe tommorrow, Got to sharpen chains first.

You need a grinder. So do I. Was just looking on amazon, and for some reason you can't have tools shipped to canada ??

I just want a cheap one for when I really mess up a chain. I sort of enjoy hand filing.

You need a grinder. So do I. Was just looking on amazon, and for some reason you can't have tools shipped to canada ??

I just want a cheap one for when I really mess up a chain. I sort of enjoy hand filing.
I have one i won at the first GTG. Think i'll get that dude out and use it tommorrow. I keep thinking i'm gonna build a stand for it but haven't yet. Now is the time to use it.

I have one i won at the first GTG. Think i'll get that dude out and use it tommorrow. I keep thinking i'm gonna build a stand for it but haven't yet. Now is the time to use it.

I got one too, just haven't found room to put it in the shop yet. :cry:

Latest posts

Back