Reduced weight bars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdavlee

Tree Freak
Reaction score
I weighed the 28" reduced weight bar against the Total 28", and the husky/oregon 28". The reduced weight weighed 2 lb. 13 oz. The Total weighed 3 lb. 9 oz. The husky/oregon weighed 3 lb 12 oz. The reduced weight does weigh right at 25% less than a regular power match bar. The 372 feels like it has a 20" bar on it with the RW bar. I might have to order another one sometime soon.

Here's a couple.
352.jpg

353.jpg

Nice setup you got there. Any opinion on the stihl E light bars,it says 30percent lighter?

I haven't heard anything about them. You have a link for it?

No I don't,just have a old catalog it just says how they are made and that they are 30 percent lighter.

Thanks. I think that bar on the 390 will put it right at the same weight as the 372 and 7900.

They hurt the pocket book,
But they are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah it seems great. I wish I hadn't waited so long to get one.

Brad have you put that stihl mount on a husky saw? I'm just wondering about getting another one in 28" for stihl mount. I don't want to have to buy more chains for it though.

Those Oregon lightweight bars are definately the go - and a quality item.
As I've mentioned in other threads my 32" Sugihara "lightweight" bars are only around 5% lighter than a standard GB Pro Top or Oregon Power Match Plus.
By all accounts as the bar length gets shorter with the Sugihara bars the difference in weight (against a GB Pro Top for instance) gets greater.

Nice setup you got there. Any opinion on the stihl E light bars,it says 30percent lighter?

That's because they are a totally different thing, sandwiched instead of solid so they bend a bit easier, and you can't change out the sprocket tip. Oregon Pro-lite is the same kind. But sure, they are lighter. The Oregon reduced weight also bend somewhat easier, but the sprocket tip can be exchanged.

Back