Reliability: Husky vs. Stihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd say the motor mount/shock absorber would be classified as finicky.
They have been using those rubber AV mounts on stihls for years. They are low maintenance and not finicky in the slightest imo. What model did they give you trouble on?

attachment.php

Here's how you make a 288XP reliable.......:) :)

Throw away the springs........:cheers: :cheers: Rubber mounts are a plus...

Last edited:
Nope. The 660 is still using the old style caps. Whatcha think of that 660 Space, is that a great saw or what?

I didn't like the old caps either, but they were better. Of all the saws I've ran, I liked my 394 caps best. They always sealed, never required a wrench, and screwed right in with no effort.

I didn't like the old caps either, but they were better. Of all the saws I've ran, I liked my 394 caps best. They always sealed, never required a wrench, and screwed right in with no effort.

Well I'm glad your caps serve you well. Nothing worse than a leaky saw.

Ya didn't answer me, whatcha think of that 660, great saw huh?

The 260's mounts crap out fairly quick under hard use. Never had any problems with other Stihl rubber mounts.
I might be the only one, that much prefers the new style Stihl caps.

Hoss replaced some buffers on a 028 last week. The one that seems to go the fasted is the one sitting below the bar. It catches alot of oil from the oiler oiling the chain and running on down. Seems to soak that one buffer and finally soften it to the point it gets spongy.

Far as the new caps go your not the only one Ben, I likem too, I've had no issues with them. I rarely ever sell one as a replacement.

Latest posts

Back