Reliability: Husky vs. Stihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See, this is what I was talking about FSTS. :cheers:

I hear ya space mule. Ill see your beer and raise ya one!! :cheers:

What part, the idiots? or the needing trigger time?

Cause that vid shows nothing!

Unless you think a saw make by a Vacuum Cleaner manufacture should do will wil a pile of wood chips poured on it?

Makes me think they should have a French Maid apron PPE with the Husky logo?

What part, the idiots? or the needing trigger time?

Cause that vid shows nothing!

Unless you think a saw make by a Vacuum Cleaner manufacture should do will wil a pile of wood chips poured on it?

Makes me think they should have a French Maid apron PPE with the Husky logo?

Are you talking? :)

Are you talking? :)

Might as well cut wood if your talking chainsaws....

Yes.

It has been well established why I am a Stihl fan,,,, Stihl Inc granted me a franchise long before I had a pot to pizz in, or a window to toss it out of. Happened right at the time my daughter was born. I needed a brake, and am forever gratful for there franchise - dealer network!

Now back to a ligitement test,,,,, only to someone with as little trigger time as yourself, as to others, they will know there is a h311 of a lot more that goes into a good saw then a pretty air-filter.

The rough times are ...

For the 76.5cc is about 15.5 seconds

For the 84.7cc is about 16.0 seconds

For the 91.6cc is about 14.0 seconds

The test shows

I think it's a joke, to tell the truth, but don't let that slow you down.

I know, you think clean air filters aren't important to quality, giving dealerships to broke people is. :)

About your comparison, it was interesting, but note that all saws were modified, which points to the builder's ability more than the saw's.

I know, you think clean air filters aren't important to quality, giving dealerships to broke people is. :)

About your comparison, it was interesting, but note that all saws were modified, which points to the builder's ability more than the saw's.

That is a lame low blow, but understand, it in no way effects my opinion of you!

Touche! lol

Perhaps you could describe a few of the things you look for in a chainsaw?

Maybe toss in a few personal experiences and how you came to your conclusion?

Maybe point out a few items that are more inline with the thread, other then 'opinion or hearsay, for a say?

Very close to broke, before I ever ran a Stihl saw, I spent my (and my famely's) last dime on a Stihl franchise. Did not draw an easy breath for several weeks.

Perhaps enlighten us with your commitment?

Perhaps you could describe a few of the things you look for in a chainsaw?

Maybe toss in a few personal experiences and how you came to your conclusion?

Maybe point out a few items that are more inline with the thread, other then 'opinion or hearsay, for a say?

Very close to broke, before I ever ran a Stihl saw, I spent my (and my famely's) last dime on a Stihl franchise. Did not draw an easy breath for several weeks.

Perhaps enlighten us with your commitment?

I usually like the underdog. :)

Having said that, I like smoothness in the cut, power that you don't have to think about, intuitive features like gas and oil caps that work like they're supposed to while not being over engineered, and non two-tone colors. :)

With that in mind, I do like how Stihl has pretty much standard size fasteners.

I think it's pretty obvious though, that irritating you guys is a hobby of mine. :)

,, only to someone with as little trigger time as yourself, as to others, they will know there is a h311 of a lot more that goes into a good saw then a pretty air-filter.

I see a tugging in your word usage here, lame, yawn!

If you wish to pull words out of context, go right ahead, you win!

I usually like the underdog. :)

Having said that, I like smoothness in the cut, power that you don't have to think about, intuitive features like gas and oil caps that work like they're supposed to while not being over engineered, and non two-tone colors. :)

With that in mind, I do like how Stihl has pretty much standard size fasteners.

I think it's pretty obvious though, that irritating you guys is a hobby of mine. :)

Understand that is so lame it's a long way off from irritating.

Come on Spacecull, your off your meds again. Are you gonna threaten Harry Carry ?
Hahaha
John

Space it seems those that do have some trigger time,lots of it, don't seem to care much for you,LOLOLOL

I went and read some of Johns old posts, man Space, he chewed you up and spit you out like a sunflower seed,LOL

Come on Spacecull, your off your meds again. Are you gonna threaten Harry Carry ?
Hahaha
John

Space it seems those that do have some trigger time,lots of it, don't seem to care much for you,LOLOLOL

I went and read some of Johns old posts, man Space, he chewed you up and spit you out like a sunflower seed,LOL

I've got nothing against Mr. Carry. Why would I do that? :cheers:

Yes.

It has been well established why I am a Stihl fan,,,, Stihl Inc granted me a franchise long before I had a pot to pizz in, or a window to toss it out of. Happened right at the time my daughter was born. I needed a brake, and am forever gratful for there franchise - dealer network!

Now back to a ligitement test,,,,, only to someone with as little trigger time as yourself, as to others, they will know there is a h311 of a lot more that goes into a good saw then a pretty air-filter.

The rough times are ...

For the 76.5cc is about 15.5 seconds

For the 84.7cc is about 16.0 seconds

For the 91.6cc is about 14.0 seconds

The test shows

As you probably know, that video was posted by Tree Sling'r. Maybe you should read his update to that video.

From here:http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=58644&highlight=385

Tree Sling'r said:
After not being very impressed by the 385 in my VS. video last week I broke it back down.
The results, 20 more lbs of compression and with my cut time I shaved 3 seconds off the same cut in the video.
The 385 is now not quite a 1/2 second behind my best 660 in the same log with the same bar and chain.
I must admit, I do like it. Could be a trend.

Kinda makes the point you were trying to make seem like bullchit, doesn't it.

As you probably know, that video was posted by Tree Sling'r. Maybe you should read his update to that video.

From here:http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=58644&highlight=385

Kinda makes the point you were trying to make seem like bullchit, doesn't it.

If you wish to pull words out of context, go right ahead, you win!

There was a reason I did not mention the brands as I stated there about times, just there cc's , stage of mod has been brought up.

I did like the comparison , a well made vid, as well as the rest of Slingers!

At altitude, I would race anybody here in a firewood per hour race, not saying I would win, we would all have fun, but there is a member/friend here that wants a re-match for his 575 vs my 361 .

I been a Stihl fan before the 026 or the 044 came out, since 1980 . Been running saws since the mid - latter 60's . I will run a Husky, but not for very long, have no reason to. If I ever bought a non Stihl saw, there is a real good chance it would be a 5100 .

Now tell me again about " the point you were trying to make seem like bullchit" again if you would?

Now tell me again about " the point you were trying to make seem like bullchit" again if you would?

I don't need to, you just told me your point again.

but there is a member/friend here that wants a re-match for his 575 vs my 361

I will run a Husky, but not for very long, have no reason to.

If I ever bought a non Stihl saw, there is a real good chance it would be a 5100

Go ahead, accuse me of pulling it out of context.

Latest posts

Back