Remove Carburetor from Husky 435?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MtnHermit

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
How do I get the Carburetor out of a Husky 435?
Here's what I've done so far:
  • Removed the air filter and wire bail
  • Removed the 3-large allen screws
  • Took off the red choke lever
  • Disconnected the 2-electrical leads below the choke
  • Disconnected the two hoses to the primer bulb
The filter assembly is loose as is the carburetor, but neither wants to come out. The IPL I printed doesn't show anything that helps.

Don't want to force anything, any suggestions?

Thanks

How do I get the Carburetor out of a Husky 435?
Here's what I've done so far:
  • Removed the air filter and wire bail
  • Removed the 3-large allen screws
  • Took off the red choke lever
  • Disconnected the 2-electrical leads below the choke
  • Disconnected the two hoses to the primer bulb
The filter assembly is loose as is the carburetor, but neither wants to come out. The IPL I printed doesn't show anything that helps.

Don't want to force anything, any suggestions?

Thanks

I have the service manual sent me your e-mail and i sent it , i try to upload here but say that the file is too big

Remove the handle. There is a screw on the clutch side( that is hidden by the handle ) that holds a panel behind the carb that allows the carb to be removed.

Remove the handle. There is a screw on the clutch side( that is hidden by the handle ) that holds a panel behind the carb that allows the carb to be removed.
That gets the shelf out of the way to get at the nuts/screws right. Forgot about that screw.

I'll give that a go tomorrow and post back.

Thanks

Sorry, no magic bolt under the handle. However getting the handle out of the way did provide better access and vision.

For me the answer was to use a small screwdriver to pry the primer bulb out of its case location. Then pry the Guide Sliding Shoe out of a rubber grommet. That freed the filter assembly. Then only the fuel line to the bottom of the carb held it in.

My first ever chainsaw carb removal, so extra cautious. Now for the rebuild, again a first.

Thanks to all who posted. :)

I wasn't sure about that hidden screw on a 345. I think that's on a smaller husky. Glad you got anyway. The 345 is a good little saw.

Back