Remove walbro carb screw limiters

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7sleeper

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Dear community,

Since most of the information(pics, videos & links) is forever lost here since the linky debacle, I see myself obliged to open a new thread.

I am aware of using a dry wall screw to remove the "epa" caps but this model is more than resilient. It is on a walbro carb and I would like to remove it in a way as to reapply after correction. If I pull it I can only get it off 1-2mm. That's all. After that it just snaps in place and I could hang the saw from the limiter!
Any one an idea?

Here is a pic from the outside.

dfe884-1391443507.jpg

Thanks for the help!

p.s. it's about this saw

I don't bother to remove that style of cap, I just use a knife and trim the little stops off of the caps.

Later
Dan

No one an idea? This forum is really losing fast.

Easy! The site was down. Most of us are just getting caught up.

I'd just force it, with the concession that it will probably break, at which time it gets replaced with a better carb.

Easy! The site was down. Most of us are just getting caught up.

I'd just force it, with the concession that it will probably break, at which time it gets replaced with a better carb.
Had more to do that everyone was talking about Brads situation. But that's ok and I fully understand.

it is made to be adjusted. slide it off as far as it goes fairly easly, then stick a very small screwdriver in the center of it and adjust the needle.
or just cut the tabs
That's what I assumed and tried but it still doesn't work. :( I'll try later again.

Well guys after a few days fooling around and trying multiple times the below technique without success I got a little:chainsaw: and ground off half of the tabs.
it is made to be adjusted. slide it off as far as it goes fairly easly, then stick a very small screwdriver in the center of it and adjust the needle.
or just cut the tabs
These little caps just didn't slide off far enough off the screws for me to adjust. Even after dismanteling the carb I wasn't succesfull and I was really pulling hard! I used my dremel clone to remove part of the tab. After that adjusted the carb L to 2700 and H to 13200rpm.

Thanks to all! :bowdown:

Latest posts

Back