Restoring old saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The David Bradleys can look nice cleaned and repainted.

cal46.jpg

That's like a gas powered hoola hoop!
Sick saw! Never seen something like that before

On the David Bradleys, if you take the time and do a nice job like Mr. Bow Saw, you'll raise the value significantly. Most of the David Bradley models were real common and Sears had gazillions of them made. Any of the more common models of vintage saws are made more valuable by a finely done restoration.

Lewis and Mr. Bow Saw do you guys have a good starting point on carb adjustment I can get the thing to run but you rev it up its like it quits and goes all the way down I have to pop the throttle to get it to start to run or it will kill on me always restarts though

Lewis and Mr. Bow Saw do you guys have a good starting point on carb adjustment I can get the thing to run but you rev it up its like it quits and goes all the way down I have to pop the throttle to get it to start to run or it will kill on me always restarts though

Thanks for all the nice comments everybody.:)

I set them at 1 1/4 turns each and then adjust as needed.

What do you think of the cutting out when it revs up? Starving of fuel? It sounds just like you hit the off switch but it doesnt turn back on till it slows way down almost a surge.

Clean and reset the carb, new kit if the diaphagrms are stiff, cheap and easy to do and makes old saws run much better. Old Tilly carbs are easy to work on and kits are easy to find, don`t cost much and are good maintenence on old saws.
Pioneerguy600

Manyhobies Whats going on? Ill have to check that out I have a huge parts run now that I got yet another rebuild saw (stihl 041) so going to get a carb kit and new fuel line and check it out

DB air cleaner

Hello

Anyone out there have an air cleaner for a DB? I'm sure the DB I have is used to eating what ever :dizzy:...There hasn't been one on there for years:jawdrop:.. Time to change it's diet.:)

Dan

Latest posts

Back