Restoring old saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J-Roc

J-Roc

ArboristSite Operative
The David Bradleys can look nice cleaned and repainted.

cal46.jpg

That's like a gas powered hoola hoop!
Sick saw! Never seen something like that before

Jacob J.
On the David Bradleys, if you take the time and do a nice job like Mr. Bow Saw, you'll raise the value significantly. Most of the David Bradley models were real common and Sears had gazillions of them made. Any of the more common models of vintage saws are made more valuable by a finely done restoration.

Thorcw

Thorcw

ArboristSite Guru
Lewis and Mr. Bow Saw do you guys have a good starting point on carb adjustment I can get the thing to run but you rev it up its like it quits and goes all the way down I have to pop the throttle to get it to start to run or it will kill on me always restarts though

Mr. Bow Saw

Mr. Bow Saw

Addicted to ArboristSite
Lewis and Mr. Bow Saw do you guys have a good starting point on carb adjustment I can get the thing to run but you rev it up its like it quits and goes all the way down I have to pop the throttle to get it to start to run or it will kill on me always restarts though

Thanks for all the nice comments everybody.:)

I set them at 1 1/4 turns each and then adjust as needed.

Thorcw

Thorcw

ArboristSite Guru
What do you think of the cutting out when it revs up? Starving of fuel? It sounds just like you hit the off switch but it doesnt turn back on till it slows way down almost a surge.

pioneerguy600

pioneerguy600

Lost in Space
Staff member
. AS Supporting Member.
Clean and reset the carb, new kit if the diaphagrms are stiff, cheap and easy to do and makes old saws run much better. Old Tilly carbs are easy to work on and kits are easy to find, don`t cost much and are good maintenence on old saws.
Pioneerguy600

Thorcw

Thorcw

ArboristSite Guru
Manyhobies Whats going on? Ill have to check that out I have a huge parts run now that I got yet another rebuild saw (stihl 041) so going to get a carb kit and new fuel line and check it out

Dan_IN_MN

Dan_IN_MN

Addicted to ArboristSite
DB air cleaner

Hello

Anyone out there have an air cleaner for a DB? I'm sure the DB I have is used to eating what ever :dizzy:...There hasn't been one on there for years:jawdrop:.. Time to change it's diet.:)

Dan