Rim Sprocket; What kind?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed......but what other possible explanation is there for the "mini" from an engineering aspect?

Help me out here because otherwise Stihl was just trying to force people to use their own parts only.......

::confused:

I'll let the usual suspects explain it as I lack the proper intelligence:monkey:

Last edited:
Agreed......but what other possible explanation is there for the "mini" from an engineering aspect?

Help me out here because otherwise Stihl was just trying to force people to use their own parts only....... ...

::confused:

I suspect you hit the nail on the head with the second para there.

I can't see any advantage, except that it may be possible to make smaller diameter rims, like 3/8" piccox6 (not sure it actually is).

But then, I don't know it all either, and some people do run the rims until they disintegrate............:monkey:

Last edited:
By using a smaller diameter spline inside drive, the rim sprocket is thicker in proportion which does allow for slightly more wearing before replacement is required

Apparently, this guy didn't understand the word "slightly". This is a .325 7 tooth mini spline off of a MS260. Posted this pic some time ago about sprocket wear. Although, I still don't understand how the mini spline really could give you longer wear. When it reaches a certain depth, don't you have to replace it regardless?

attachment.php

Last edited:
How the heck is a guy supposed to fish around these parts.....

Look Stihl 025....logic will get you nowhere in chainsaws more often than not

Back