Rip 540xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mic687

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
aby3y4um.jpg

My 540 got caught in the kerf of a big cottonwood top so I let it go, got a good tug on the lanyard , but not enough to be alarmed. To my surprise half my saw was headed for the ground and half was connected to the lanyard, bummer. Not sure on repair it ripped wires and a cable apart, part of the vibration dampening it broken, some hoses are trashed, and the whole top handle is trash. I really liked that saw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bummer. How was it running up to that point?
Very well, it is a great cutting saw that is very comfortable to use. I'm am just shocked it got ripped in half the pull was not that hard or so I thought.

Probably didn't have the chain speed/inertia to keep up with things. I'm guessing "she" wasn't cutting so great either (but that might be a little presumptive). Lol. You're probably better off.:laugh:

Probably didn't have the chain speed/inertia to keep up with things. I'm guessing "she" wasn't cutting so great either (but that might be a little presumptive). Lol. You're probably better off.:laugh:
Chain speed was great and to be honest just a lapse in concentration on my part cost me a bunch. I did have to drag the 201 up from ground duty[emoji4]

Did the top still go to it's desired location?
Sorry about the saw, $hit happens.

Back