Rocked out chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
List price over $2400! What a joke! It's a chainsaw with a 'diamond' type chain and a water tube hooked up to it! The current bid of $810 is about what it might be worth retail. Amazing what people will pay on E-Bay.

Howdy,

I believe this is a chain similar to something I test/evaluated several years ago (about 1987) from an inventor in Israel. That setup was larger, on an 070 with a jungle bar (bigger nose). The thing actually did work. The "cutters" were sections of masonary cutting type abrasive/cutting particles, very much like a section taken out of a masonary cutting diamond wheel.

We did not go ahead with the idea, due to limited market. In market studies, we found the principle market would be in Europe, for the purpose of boring holes in the side of stone and masonary bank buildings to install ATM machines! Never did try to bore into a bank vault, but it crossed my mind.

Regards,
Walt Galer

Walt I have used an RGC hydraulic chainsaw to bore into a bank vault about a month ago doing some building collapse scenario training with my heavy rescue squad. It cuts well, but not if a 16" bar can't even reach the other side of the vault wall. Hell, the demo crew that came out to finish the building off couldn't even tear it down with a Cat 345 track-hoe. The thing is still standing there!

If you use the full depth of 14" it'll only cut about 15" in one tank of gas!! With hard Aggregates.

By the time you got through to the money, they could have removed it all from the vault and be waiting for you.

Harley

Latest posts

Back