Rocking chains

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
:baba: My brother had 3 mystery trees removed 2 years ago. Tree service delivered, as asked, them to his pasture. I, needing something to do, agreed to cut them into 16" chunks. I didn't want the wood and he had promised it to a neighbor. Neighbor doesn't have cutting equipment. Okay, this looks like fun. Logs scattered in a long row on top of piles of gravel ranging from 36" on down. I put in 3 hours yesterday and rocked two chains. Figured quick work to finish today. Nope, another 3 hours and more chains rocked. Only hit dirt twice but some of the logs were dirty. I don't know what the wood is but it is hard and dense, looks brown. He thinks it could be Eucalyptus. Anyhow sum total of rocked chains:

2 32"
2 28"
3 20"
1 25"

Barely finished and I was leaning heavily on the last chain I had with me. Should be a good occupation for a few hours sharping chains on a rainy day.

:baba: My brother had 3 mystery trees removed 2 years ago. Tree service delivered, as asked, them to his pasture. I, needing something to do, agreed to cut them into 16" chunks. I didn't want the wood and he had promised it to a neighbor. Neighbor doesn't have cutting equipment. Okay, this looks like fun. Logs scattered in a long row on top of piles of gravel ranging from 36" on down. I put in 3 hours yesterday and rocked two chains. Figured quick work to finish today. Nope, another 3 hours and more chains rocked. Only hit dirt twice but some of the logs were dirty. I don't know what the wood is but it is hard and dense, looks brown. He thinks it could be Eucalyptus. Anyhow sum total of rocked chains:

2 32"
2 28"
3 20"
1 25"

Barely finished and I was leaning heavily on the last chain I had with me. Should be a good occupation for a few hours sharping chains on a rainy day.
Pictures?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

It's really easy. At the bottom right you see three choices - Post reply, Upload a file, More options. Click on Upload a file, and select the file from your computer. You can leave it as a thumbnail or select full image, then post reply.

Attachments

• 20171111_111354.jpg
    20171111_111354.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 13
Back