Rope Storage

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I keep my climbing ropes in actual arborist rope bags, but all my rigging ropes and climbing gear I keep in suitcases that I pick up at goodwill or salvation army for under 5 bucks. The Goodwill stores standard price on luggage is $3.88. The smaller carry on size suitcase is perfect for 150' - 200' rigging line and all mine have the wheels and extendable handle, handles on top and side, pockets for carabiners and pulleys. I love em.

I keep my climbing ropes in actual arborist rope bags, but all my rigging ropes and climbing gear I keep in suitcases that I pick up at goodwill or salvation army for under 5 bucks. The Goodwill stores standard price on luggage is $3.88. The smaller carry on size suitcase is perfect for 150' - 200' rigging line and all mine have the wheels and extendable handle, handles on top and side, pockets for carabiners and pulleys. I love em.

I just finished working on a job where a coworker had his gear in suitcases.
Did what it needed to do, and the price was right....

I ,too, like to peruse the thrift shops in search of bags, towels and big speakers from the 80's that piss my wife off.

I have a few rope bags, but I've found that those re-usable shopping bags work just fine. They're like $1 or $2 at farm stores, etc. and they'll hold 200 feet of climbing line with room to spare.

DdRT-ZZ-ShopBag.JPG

Latest posts

Back