Rough Night, Prayers will not hurt

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a call from my daughter about 9:30 last night. Seems that both her 6 yr old son and Husband were in the Hospital.

The six year old was going up the stairs to go to bed when he tripped and split his lip badly. There was a lot of blood, so it looked worse than it was, so his 41 year old father took him to the hospital.

When they arrived, the father had chest pains, and suffered a major heart attack. They had to revive him 5 times, and gave him last rights. Guess it was a good thing he was at the hospital when it happened, because the staff said if he were not, he would not have survived.

When they stabilized him at Putnam Hospital, they transferred him to Danbury, and he is currently in their ICU.

My Grandson was released and is doing well.

I spent the night at my daughter's house with the Grand kids, and my daughter spent it in the hospitals with her husband. I'm hoping for the best, but this can't be good, he is far too young for this.

Mike,

Prayers to you and yours, from me and mine. Hang in there, buddy!

More good news, he went home today. Hopefully, this will give him a second chance at many more years.

Thanks everyone, it was appreciated.

Never underestimate the power of prayer! Glad to hear that everyone is doing better. We're still praying for y'all around here. And thank You, Lord!

Wow. That chain of events was orchestrated by God Himself! Amazing! Prayers for your son in law.

I agree. This proves that God works in mysterious ways. He can probably thank his son for the split lip because the trip to the hospital is probably the reason he is still here. Prayers sent. Tom

mike i am glad things are better. my father in law, has a defib in too. 1 or 2 times a year it will give him jolt .

Thanks everyone, this old thread got re awakened!

He is back to work and we are working on the lifestyle changes (he is very stubborn). They did put a defib in him, so I guess things could have gone better, but he seems to be doing OK.
I didn't even realise it was last posted to in Aug. I was too shocked by the story. Having his son bust his lip and cause them to go to the hospital, is to me definite proof of some kind of intervention for sure. To have it occur when he's at an ER is just unreal. Glad to hear he's doing better. Im sure the fear of having this happen to him has him scared shi@ to do anything. Mentally healing on top of the physical side is just as important.

Back